Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the contrary, I think there are several reasons why men say they are women or teenage girls think they are boys. Some are complicated, others less so. It's transactivists who favour the rather simplistic view that non conforming boys and girls must be transgender, or that the only explanation for men who want to dress in stereotypical women's clothes and seek access to women's spaces is that they actually are women.

Once again though this is just obfuscation and linguistic gymnastics aimed at giving certain men what they want.

Who are these 'transactivists'?

Do you think I might be one?

classic33

There's no such thing as a lady brain, however much transactivists would like us to believe.

You could see the books by neurologist Gina Rippon for a start, or this study that looked at many studies done on the issue:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/03/210325115316.htm#:~:text="Sex differences are sexy, but,that differ between the sexes.

View attachment 5165

"Men and women's brains do differ slightly, but the key finding is that these distinctions are due to brain size, not sex or gender," Dr. Eliot said. "Sex differences in the brain are tiny and inconsistent, once individuals' head size is accounted for."

So it turns out your big or tiny head is more relevant to brain differences than your subjective lady-feelz.

As to the trans umbrella covering everybody from those with body dysmorphia to men with a fetish, well this is what you get when you insist on 'You are who you say you are?'. Which is what certain people on here have done throughout.

This is what Stonewall, Mermaids, and all the other transactivists have demanded. No diagnosis, nothing other than self identifying as the opposite sex. 'It's enough to say 'I am a woman' remember?

Which means of course that you have to accept that every transwoman sex offender and every man with a fetish is as much 'trans' as those with body dysphoria. How can we tell the difference?

Though of course it's perfectly legitimate on occasion to exclude all men, because it's done on the basis of them being men and regardless of how they identify, whether they are genuinely dysphoric, and whether they are harmless or not.
There's a few who'll disagree with you on there being no difference between a man's brain and a women's brain.
Other than size, if memory serves me correct, the two are "wired" very different. Women's brains have more connections between the two hemispheres. The man's brain is wired more front to back, with fewer connections between the two hemispheres.
There's also a weight difference between the two, not just size.

For another view on it, try
https://stanmed.stanford.edu/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different/

Could you point me to where anyone here has said this?

Why would I need to? I said transactivists, not posters on a cycling forum. You can Google something like 'signs a child is transgender' and got plenty of sites that say being gender non conforming, eg playing with toys that are (stereotypically) for the other sex is an early sign.

icowden

Legendary Member
Who are these transactivists?
Unfortunately these people who radiate love and understanding:-
main-qimg-b637b0aba2c629d8ce64ec4dac95e91a.png

Who are these 'transactivists'?
Do you think I might be one?

Let me try again.

Who are these transactivists?

Try as often as you like.

I don't know what you do when you're not patonisingly demanding answers on a bike forum or hanging round in the Mumsnet Feminism forums, so how can I say?

As you keep insisting that identifying as is the same as being, it's a moot point. Do you identify as a transactivist is the question.

If you don’t agree with what they say why not chat with them wherever they are instead of bringing them into your argument on a cycling forum?

Because what they say - and we are talking about advocacy groups, institutions, and influential individuals - are in part responsible for the large increase in children thinking, and being told, they are transgender. Which is relevant to the whole discussion and the 'lady brain'/ born in the wrong body/it's not a mental health issue that shores the whole thing up and which is presented so often on here.

Probably not even UK. It'll be the same few photos circulated as evidence of group behaviour

Compare and contrast:

Actual Nazi thugs are invited to (or at least regularly appear at) anti trans hate marches but we are told that their presence doesn’t reflect the deep and heartfelt concerns of the other participants.

A few people wear T shirts designed to provoke outrage (was nobody here alive in 1977?) and it’s evidence that those that favour acceptance of difference from the norm actually support violence.

icowden

Legendary Member
Actual Nazi thugs are invited to (or at least regularly appear at) anti trans hate marches but we are told that their presence doesn’t reflect the deep and heartfelt concerns of the other participants.
Sarah Jane Baker convicted of kidnap and attempted murderer encouraged a rally to punch terfs in the face. A magistrate accepted that she "didn't really mean it".

Or perhaps Audrey Hale who shot up a Christian elementary school in the US. Or perhapthe group of pro-trans protestors who assaulted Riley Gaines when she spoke out about the need to protect women's sport.

or perhaps the activists who assaulted Julie Marshall?

Or the nice people who threatened JK Rowling with rape and violence and social media?

What was it Trump said - "very fine people on both sides"?

Sarah Jane Baker convicted of kidnap and attempted murderer encouraged a rally to punch terfs in the face. A magistrate accepted that she "didn't really mean it".

Or perhaps Audrey Hale who shot up a Christian elementary school in the US. Or perhapthe group of pro-trans protestors who assaulted Riley Gaines when she spoke out about the need to protect women's sport.

or perhaps the activists who assaulted Julie Marshall?

Or the nice people who threatened JK Rowling with rape and violence and social media?

What was it Trump said - "very fine people on both sides"?

Are any of them members of this whiny forum?

Top Bottom