Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh I was here before you. I'd say 'welcome' to you, but then ... We are the two sides of the same coin

:biggrin:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I suffer from rather chronic tinnitus, have done for about 40 years, it can be quite debilitating. These days, there are those days when it becomes so loud that I am unable to hear the speech of others

Taking a quick breather from gender you have my sympathy for this. I don't 'suffer' from it, but do know what it is like to have this wretched noise of ringing in the ears in the background from time to time.

The fact it may only be 'in the mind' doesn't help find what triggers it and what might help reduce it if not get rid of it.

monkers

Legendary Member
Taking a quick breather from gender you have my sympathy for this. I don't 'suffer' from it, but do know what it is like to have this wretched noise of ringing in the ears in the background from time to time.

The fact it may only be 'in the mind' doesn't help find what triggers it and what might help reduce it if not get rid of it.

Thank you kindly Unkraut. This understanding of the cause is quite a recent scientific understanding from what I gather. If anything it sounds like a setback in the pursuit of a cure. I only mentioned it as I feel it's quite a good explainer of y'know that other condition.

@AuroraSaab I asked the question again becuase you're usually onto any post in this thread like a rat up a drainpipe. I thought perhaps it was overlooked.
Moan when I post, moan when I don't. Didn't answer quick enough for your liking...

If I'm doing what I otherwise get paid for free of charge then I think that meets the definition of pro-bono.
People on forums do that all the time. It's just joining in a forum like everyone else. I have literally never heard a single person describe it as 'doing pro bono work'. You're not doing it in an official capacity, Mumsnet didn't ask you to do it, you're not insured against giving bad advice. You're simply taking part in a forum like everyone else.

That said I don't know why I'm justifying myself; your comments are more of your gratuitous and unnecessary rudeness.
Because it's typical of your patronising and pompous attitude that you think giving helpful advice off your own back on a forum counts as 'pro bono work'.

As to the Trans threads there I simply didn't expect there to be so many illiberal posters. That's it.
Well there you go. 'I didn't expect that women would disagree with me and think men can't just be women if they say so. I'm shocked'. That's your entitlement again - calling women who mostly seem to have mainstream feminist views on gender - illiberal. Perhaps it's you who are authoritarian, not them.

monkers

Legendary Member
Moan when I post, moan when I don't. Didn't answer quick enough for your liking...

People on forums do that all the time. It's just joining in a forum like everyone else. I have literally never heard a single person describe it as 'doing pro bono work'. You're not doing it in an official capacity, Mumsnet didn't ask you to do it, you're not insured against giving bad advice. You're simply taking part in a forum like everyone else.

Because it's typical of your patronising and pompous attitude that you think giving helpful advice off your own back on a forum counts as 'pro bono work'.

Well there you go. 'I didn't expect that women would disagree with me and think men can't just be women if they say so. I'm shocked'. That's your entitlement again - calling women who mostly seem to have mainstream feminist views on gender - illiberal. Perhaps it's you who are authoritarian, not them.

You think it's others with the insulting behaviour? Have a read back at what you've just written - it's really aggressive.

Some activists - from any side and about any issue - will use outrage to generate publicity.
It's not both sides trying to stop debate or meetings though. You've said feminist women are inviting Nazis to their events, so let's see the evidence for that because I can give you lots of evidence of transactivists trying to stop women meeting.

Apart from the obvious troll I haven’t seen that happen here, hence my curiosity about you mentioning these unknown ‘transactivists’ in post #9927. Do you believe anyone here promotes violence or intimidation?

I wasn't talking about people on here as you know. I was talking about the wider discussion in which advocacy groups and prominent transactivist individuals have sought to stop debate by intimidation and violence.

I think there are people on here who support cancelling people with gender critical views and there are certainly people who have been happy to see women intimidated.

icowden

Legendary Member
You think it's others with the insulting behaviour? Have a read back at what you've just written - it's really aggressive.
Whereas I'd say it's robust but not aggressive. Aurora addressed the points - quite strongly.

Top Bottom