Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen stated that "most biologists and neuroscientists agree that prenatal biology and culture combine to explain average sex differences in the brain". He argues that Rippon "[boxes] herself into an extremist position by arguing that it’s all culture and no biology"

Interesting that you should choose that quote out of a less than glowing overview of his work. There could be an interesting discussion to be had.

If you don’t agree with what they say why not chat with them wherever they are instead of bringing them into your argument on a cycling forum?

But we won't have the discussion because it's a 'cycling forum '

Who are these transactivists?
The virtue signalling liberals have reached desperation level methinks.

Compare and contrast:

Actual Nazi thugs are invited to (or at least regularly appear at) anti trans hate marches but we are told that their presence doesn’t reflect the deep and heartfelt concerns of the other participants.

A few people wear T shirts designed to provoke outrage (was nobody here alive in 1977?) and it’s evidence that those that favour acceptance of difference from the norm actually support violence.

Regularly appear at? Apart from the ones who turned up once in Australia, which women's meetings have invited (your words) Nazis to attend? Which other women's meetings have they turned up at?

Which anti-trans hate marches have feminist women organised?

Nearly every time UK gender critical women try to meet transactivists turn up to demonstrate or to try to stop them. Whether it's watching a film on a uni campus or having a conference, the groups you say simply favour acceptance will physically try to stop women meeting.

Where do you see feminist women trying to stop or disrupt trans marches or events? Or trying to get trans groups talks cancelled?

It's not a few people in slogan t shirts. It is a feature of organised transactivism to intimidate women and physically stop them meeting. It happens time and time again.

If a gender critical woman had a sign saying Decapitate Trans we'd never hear the end of it on here.

skynews-kaukab-stewart-kirsten-oswald_6033511.jpg

Ian H

Guru
Interesting that you should choose that quote out of a less than glowing overview of his work. There could be an interesting discussion to be had.
Criticism from some quarters might be a better summary.
Spectrum News had described the work of Baron-Cohen on theory of mind as “a landmark study”. The Lancet described him as “a man with extraordinary knowledge, but his passionate advocacy for a more tolerant, diverse society, where difference is respected and cultivated, reveals a very human side to his science”

Try as often as you like.

I don't know what you do when you're not patonisingly demanding answers on a bike forum or hanging round in the Mumsnet Feminism forums, so how can I say?

As you keep insisting that identifying as is the same as being, it's a moot point. Do you identify as a transactivist is the question.

Because what they say - and we are talking about advocacy groups, institutions, and influential individuals - are in part responsible for the large increase in children thinking, and being told, they are transgender. Which is relevant to the whole discussion and the 'lady brain'/ born in the wrong body/it's not a mental health issue that shores the whole thing up and which is presented so often on here.

Thank you. I have a view on the trans issue which is different to yours. I do not self identify as an 'activist'. If I was 'demanding' answers it was because you mention Transactivists over and over and I am curious as to who these wee bogeymen (or bogeywomen) are.

For the record I am NOT to be found hanging round in the Mumsnet Feminism forums

I'm a professional welfare rights adviser and do some 'pro-bono' time on Mumsnet. Mostly on Universal Credit but also on other bits of stuff under the general heading of Public Legal Knowledge.

That site has a 'hot topics' sidebar and I've occasionally bitten the clickbait and found myself alarmed by views expressed on Trans issues.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

The Lancet described him as “a man with extraordinary knowledge, but his passionate advocacy for a more tolerant, diverse society, where difference is respected and cultivated, reveals a very human side to his science”
So his motives are honourable. But his views are contested.

Regularly appear at? Apart from the ones who turned up once in Australia, which women's meetings have invited (your words) Nazis to attend? Which other women's meetings have they turned up at?

Which anti-trans hate marches have feminist women organised?

Nearly every time UK gender critical women try to meet transactivists turn up to demonstrate or to try to stop them. Whether it's watching a film on a uni campus or having a conference, the groups you say simply favour acceptance will physically try to stop women meeting.

Where do you see feminist women trying to stop or disrupt trans marches or events? Or trying to get trans groups talks cancelled?

It's not a few people in slogan t shirts. It is a feature of organised transactivism to intimidate women and physically stop them meeting. It happens time and time again.

If a gender critical woman had a sign saying Decapitate Trans we'd never hear the end of it on here.

View attachment 5170

Some activists - from any side and about any issue - will use outrage to generate publicity. Apart from the obvious troll I haven’t seen that happen here, hence my curiosity about you mentioning these unknown ‘transactivists’ in post #9927. Do you believe anyone here promotes violence or intimidation?

Thank you. I have a view on the trans issue which is different to yours. I do not self identify as an 'activist'. If I was 'demanding' answers it was because you mention Transactivists over and over and I was curious as to who these wee gremlins were.
You were rather patronisingly repeating the question because I hadn't answered quickly enough. The fact that you seem unaware that there is a large and vociferous transactivist lobby active in the UK would explain a lot.

'Wee gremlins' is rather understating it and again suggests you have no idea what's going on.

For the record I am NOT to be found hanging round in the Mumsnet Feminism forums

I'm a professional welfare rights adviser and do some 'pro-bono' time on Mumsnet mostly on Universal Credit but also on other bits of stuff under the general heading of Public Legal Knowledge.
It's not pro bono. It's not charity work. It's you choosing to give an opinion, just like everyone else on that forum. Helpful to some no doubt.

That site has a 'hot topics' sidebar and I've occasionally bitten the clickbait and found myself alarmed by views expressed on Trans issues.

You went on a forum that's nearly all women and found they don't share your views that performing stereotypes or having a piece of paper entitles you to entry to women's spaces? That might give some men a hint about how women feel. But no, instead women's feelings are just 'alarming views' and the issues they find important are merely clickbait.

@AuroraSaab I asked the question again becuase you're usually onto any post in this thread like a rat up a drainpipe. I thought perhaps it was overlooked.

I guess I was looking for a definition of Transactivist.

As I've already said months ago I went on Mumsnet at the urging of a colleague as there seemed relatively few people on there giving proper advice, particularly regarding managed migration to UC.

If I'm doing what I otherwise get paid for free of charge then I think that meets the definition of pro-bono. That said I don't know why I'm justifying myself; your comments are more of your gratuitous and unnecessary rudeness.

As to the Trans threads there I simply didn't expect there to be so many illiberal posters. That's it.

If my Grandson (2) sees/hears Grandad's Pride on Milkshake his parents will be fine with it. Something of a relief from the whiny black rabbit he's obsessed with right now. Some folks seem to think it's end of the world...

multitool

Pharaoh
There are dozens of videos of men proclaiming to be woman, exuding male aggression to those who question them

"male aggression".

As if females are incapable of aggression. You won't know this (because you are startlingly ignorant) but one of the starkest sociological trends in UK crime statistics has been the increase in female violence.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
@AuroraSaab I asked the question again becuase you're usually onto any post in this thread like a rat up a drainpipe. I thought perhaps it was overlooked.

I guess I was looking for a definition of Transactivist.

As I've already said months ago I went on Mumsnet at the urging of a colleague as there seemed relatively few people on there giving proper advice, particularly regarding managed migration to UC.

If I'm doing what I otherwise get paid for free of charge then I think that meets the definition of pro-bono. That said I don't know why I'm justifying myself; your comments are more of your gratuitous and unnecessary rudeness.

As to the Trans threads there I simply didn't expect there to be so many illiberal posters. That's it.

If my Grandson (2) sees/hears Grandad's Pride on Milkshake his parents will be fine with it. Something of a relief from the whiny black rabbit he's obsessed with right now. Some folks seem to think it's end of the world...

Bing. That useless wee f*cker blighted my world for about 6 months before my daughter finally got bored. How it is so popular I will never know!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You were rather patronisingly repeating the question because I hadn't answered quickly enough. The fact that you seem unaware that there is a large and vociferous transactivist lobby active in the UK would explain a lot.

'Wee gremlins' is rather understating it and again suggests you have no idea what's going on.

When you frame it like that, you come across as wildly paranoid. Stonewall, Mermaids and Good Law Project grab the occasional headline, but that's about it. Press for Change don't seem to be up to much these days.

And on the other hand you've got the LGB Alliance, who you'd think would be down with Team Queerio, but aren't (despite what they claim).

Top Bottom