Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Read that link as lgbt plushi story month, which I found somewhat confusing and amusing .

I could get on board with that. It'd be popular, although I suspect it would quickly become all about yiffing.

I'm not generally one to kink shame, but furries are weird.

Bazzer

I could get on board with that. It'd be popular, although I suspect it would quickly become all about yiffing.
👍
I had to look that term up.
Mrs B will go up the wall if I manage to drop that in Scrabble. 😁

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There seems to be some truth in the Melody Wiseheart story.

It's really not a trans issue though. It's a safeguarding one, but that doesn't generate as much hysteria.

The organisers shouldn't have allowed Melody to compete, and why she thought it would be appropriate is beyond me.

Doesn't stop Jordan Peterson, or Gad Saad from being absolute melts of the highest order.

It's very much true. Melody Wiseheart continues to compete in competitions aimed at girls 12 and up and has done so for a couple of years. It's also very much a trans issue because it's legislation and regs that mandate trans inclusion that prevents clubs from refusing Wiseheart access to the comps and the changing room.

They compete in Masters swimming in the appropriate age group but also choose to enter comps for young swimmers in the '16 and above' category, despite being 30 years older than almost all the other participants.

main-qimg-5310aec7071154fe9481f787ed445006.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ender-woman-Melody-Wiseheart-swim-canada.html

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...r-50-changes-with-young-girls-at-barrie-event

Canada has been full on down the inclusion at any cost route in recent years - including prisons and sports - but there are signs of regional push back emerging.

This week Alberta has become the first Canadian region to put forward legislation banning surgery for under 18's and hormones for those 15 and under. Schools must also now tell parents before transitioning children at school. Transwomen will be excluded from competing in the Women's sports category.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7101595

Last year Canadian powerlifter April Hutchinson was suspended from her sport for 2 years for 'misgendering' transwoman lifter Anne Andres. Andres has set multiple records and broke the Canadian record with a total lift that was 400lbs higher than their closest opponent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc334...-riley-gaines-justin-trudeau-april-hutchinson

This was reduced to one year a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lfpres...wcm/e1535a6e-5bb7-451c-a68d-7ae98d313d95/amp/

Sometimes it takes scenarios as ridiculous as these to bring the wider issues to public attention.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wonder if that's part of the angle that Melody is going for?

It's extreme, and I think a bit weird, but if it actually results in sensible conversations/rule making decisions around trans inclusion in sport then maybe it's a good thing.

It's never a good thing to have a 50 year old male bodied individual in competitions and changing rooms that are otherwise comprised of 13 to 20 year old females.

I think it's naive to think Wiseheart is doing this for the benefit of the girls. It's for Wiseheart's own pleasure and benefit.

I wonder if that's part of the angle that Melody is going for?
Speculation but laws and rules to protect children women and other group don't look at angles, it might wel be that this ''Melody'' is just an 50yo that feels 15, however that doesn't make it ok to let her train, shower etc. with these very young girls. We wouldn't allow a non trans men or a women off the same age to do such so she shouldn't be either.

It's extreme, and I think a bit weird, but if it actually results in sensible conversations/rule making decisions around trans inclusion in sport then maybe it's a good thing.
I hope it doesn't need an monster before sensible reason/rules come into place, because troughtout this topic we seen social workers, children who went into to whole procedures, the dutch health insurance companies pulling on the breaks on funding procedures because the rate of poeple not being helped by trans operations was too high, yet nothing seems to stop the good news so.
And don't get me wrong i'm not against trans poeple i am against this good news show, if were gonna accept people as trans we can't say ''it now a women, so all doors should open for her'' we should still use common sense instead.
Just as not every 14+ years old with some menthal health issues should be automtically deemed trans at first indication.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's never a good thing to have a 50 year old male bodied individual in competitions and changing rooms that are otherwise comprised of 13 to 20 year old females.

I think it's naive to think Wiseheart is doing this for the benefit of the girls. It's for Wiseheart's own pleasure and benefit.

What "pleasure and benefit" is she getting out of it?

None as far as I can see, and I don't think that getting ripped to bits by tabloid rags or debated by bigots (other than Peterson, Linehan has stuck his oar in that I've seen) on social media is particularly appealing.

Like I said, it's a weird approach and not one I agree with, but I think it's a bit of a huge leap to assume they're getting some kind of gratification out of this.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Speculation but laws and rules to protect children women and other group don't look at angles, it might wel be that this ''Melody'' is just an 50yo that feels 15, however that doesn't make it ok to let her train, shower etc. with these very young girls. We wouldn't allow a non trans men or a women off the same age to do such so she shouldn't be either.

I hope it doesn't need an monster before sensible reason/rules come into place, because troughtout this topic we seen social workers, children who went into to whole procedures, the dutch health insurance companies pulling on the breaks on funding procedures because the rate of poeple not being helped by trans operations was too high, yet nothing seems to stop the good news so.
And don't get me wrong i'm not against trans poeple i am against this good news show, if were gonna accept people as trans we can't say ''it now a women, so all doors should open for her'' we should still use common sense instead.
Just as not every 14+ years old with some menthal health issues should be automtically deemed trans at first indication.

I know. I haven't read any indication that she "feels like a 15 year old", that just seems to be how this has (predictably and boringly enough) been framed. Trans people being considered sexual deviants, in whatever way, is nothing short of scaremongering.

Should Melody be competing against children? No, I don't think so at all.

Is it weird? Yes, I think so.

Do we understand the motivation? No. But assuming she's some kind of predator isn't cool.

Top Bottom