Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
The NUFC/Linzi Smith spat is just another minor incident involving a private company, not another sign of the country going down the pan.

What I find laughably ironic is that a company owned by Saudi Arabia as part of its sportswashing strategy, and with that country's liberal, progressive attitudes to LGBT issues, appears so vexed by the views of one of its customers.

It just proves that anyone can be progressive if there's money in it.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The club were sent a report about a post from someone which they forwarded on to the PL, in line with the club policy when seeking advice. It was the PL that produced the "Stasi dossier", the club then followed whatever guidance they were given.

If NUFC had anything to say on the matter they would have done by now.

Maybe for the Soccerball thread more? Although this thread has gone in some wild directions recently...

D

Deleted member 159

It's matters not her comments, they are perfectly legal.

A company cannot discriminate against someone who's comments are legal. Police said no offence committed.

Two elements of actually spying on a fan and then compiling a report, sent onto the police. NUFC took the wrong action.

It will take some time for this to play out. It might snowball if other fans ask for subject access data

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well, no, she hasn't done anything illegal. And NUFC haven't done anything wrong. They passed on a screenshot which they'd been to their bosses (the PL) who decided to take things further. The club then acted on PL guidelines.

It's a non story piggy-backing on the coat tails of others which are similar.

D

Deleted member 159

Well, no, she hasn't done anything illegal. And NUFC haven't done anything wrong. They passed on a screenshot which they'd been to their bosses (the PL) who decided to take things further. The club then acted on PL guidelines.

It's a non story piggy-backing on the coat tails of others which are similar.

Let's wait and see if it's got legs

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What did Ms Smith actually say and when?

How did it affect NUFC?

She made gender critical remarks on social media, someone told NUFC, they passed the info on to the PL who took action on them and advised NUFC what to do.

It could have been any club really. But NUFC is a hot topic because of the club's ownership. Because there aren't any other questionable owners, sponsors or anything like that in the PL...

She made gender critical remarks on social media, someone told NUFC, they passed the info on to the PL who took action on them and advised NUFC what to do.

It could have been any club really. But NUFC is a hot topic because of the club's ownership. Because there aren't any other questionable owners, sponsors or anything like that in the PL...

Do we know what her actual words were?

I'm inclined to the view that GC is a point of view you can legitimately hold without crossing any legal red lines.

The issue is what you say and do....

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Do we know what her actual words were?

I'm inclined to the view that GC is a point of view you can legitimately hold without crossing any legal red lines.

The issue is what you say and do....

This is one of the things she said:

“It’s like they’re trying to trans the gay away. You’re a young woman who likes sport? YOU’VE BEEN BORN IN THE WRONG BODY!!!! You’re a young man who likes makeup and dressing up??? YOU’VE BEEN BORN IN THE WRONG BODY!!!! Make it make sense.”

Like I said, nothing illegal, and the club haven't done anything wrong.

D

Deleted member 159

Like I said, nothing illegal, and the club haven't done anything wrong

We'll her legal representation think otherwise.

On the face of it, NUFC have discriminated against her, because her comments are perfectly legal.

You can't punish someone for holding perfectly legal thoughts or statements.

Maya Forster V
Rachel Meade V

We'll her legal representation think otherwise.

On the face of it, NUFC have discriminated against her, because her comments are perfectly legal.

You can't punish someone for holding perfectly legal thoughts or statements.

Maya Forster V
Rachel Meade V

The fist of those, you've misspelled her name.

The Forstater decision was crystal clear that holding a view and what you say to further that view on are two different things.

D

Deleted member 159

The fist of those, you've misspelled her name.

The Forstater decision was crystal clear that holding a view and what you say to further that view on are two different things.

I'm famous for mis spelling. Seems you've joined me too 😀

Top Bottom