Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
So now let's hear no more of this talk of high regret rates among trans people. Regret is much more prevalent in pretty much every other category. Trans people know what they are doing.
I'm not sure that a review of 55 articles in the USA that indicate outcomes is the slam dunk you think it is. It's a bit of a distraction anyway. The biggest concern is with offering surgery to young people, so you would need to differentiate that group (say 16 to 25) from older people who might have a very different outlook (see Caitlin Jenner for example).

What? No.

Do you actually know anything about Ash Regan?

She's an abysmal politician who got annihilated in her attempt to become the leader of the SNP after Sturgeon resigned.

She's only piping up in a weird attempt to give the Alba party some sort of relevance.
You systematically seem to call anyone who opposes ''your' view bad/incompetent or words with similar meaning that's what i'm calling you out for.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You systematically seem to call anyone who opposes ''your' view bad/incompetent or words with similar meaning that's what i'm calling you out for.

You're "calling me out" because I have an opinion about a hopeless politician?

Go on then, what is it that she's done to convince me otherwise?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You know how chat on this thread often revolves around cultish behaviour and ideology? That's exactly what Sex Matters Org promotes.

multitool

Shaman
AndyCRX is too ignorant to know that the 'chestfeeding' story originated in the Times in 2022, was pure bullshìt, and was subsequently retracted. He is too thick to realise that the sole purpose of the inclusive language guidelines was to give professionals better tools with which to talk to trans patients and trans patients only.

Imagine that.

A bit of knowledge and he could have avoided all his silly pearl clutching and looking silly believing nonsense stories put out by culture war hate rags like the Telegraph

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's great how, predictably enough, the opponents have focussed in on one issue of the bill.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Telegraph article

Why the need to ban if it was not true

The NHS is to crack down on transgender ideology in hospitals, with terms like “chestfeeding” set to be banned.
Victoria Atkins, the Health Secretary, will this week announce a series of changes to the NHS constitution which sets out patients’ rights.
Referring to “people who have ovaries” rather than “women” will also be prohibited under plans to ensure hospitals use clear language based on biological sex.
The new constitution will ban transgender women from being treated on single-sex female hospital wards to ensure women and girls receive “privacy and protection” in hospitals.
Patients will also be given the right to request that intimate care is carried out by someone of the same biological sex.
It follows concerns from patients about biological men being allowed in women’s hospital wards. NHS guidance has previously stated that trans patients could be placed in single-sex wards on the basis of the gender with which they identified.
Kemi Badenoch, the women and equalities minister, has backed calls for a public inquiry into the “pervasive influence” of transgender ideology in the NHS.
The new NHS constitution will emphasise the importance of using “sex-specific” language in the health service after references to women were expunged from advice on the menopause and diseases such as cervical and ovarian cancer.

A government source said: “The Government has been clear that biological sex matters, and women and girls are entitled to receive the protection and privacy they need in all healthcare settings.

“Our proposed updates to the NHS constitution will give patients the right to request same-sex intimate care and accommodation to protect their safety, privacy and dignity.”

The document sets out the rights of patients and medical staff. All NHS bodies, as well as private and third-sector providers that supply NHS services, are required by law to take it into account when making decisions. The changes proposed this week will be subject to an eight-week consultation.

The updated constitution will state that placing transgender patients in single-room accommodation does not contravene equality laws as long as it is for an appropriate reason, such as respecting a patient’s wish to be in a single-sex ward.

Maya Forstater, chief executive of the campaign group Sex Matters, said the changes represent a “major step” towards reversing NHS England’s “capitulation to the demands of gender extremists, which has damaged policies and practices, created widespread confusion and harmed patient care”.

She added: “These much-needed changes to the NHS constitution will help secure essential sex-based rights in healthcare across England.

“Clear language, single-sex wards and access to intimate care provided by a health professional of the same sex are crucial to the wellbeing and safety of female patients. They should never have been compromised.”

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Maybe, maybe not. Girls quite often start puberty earlier so it's hard to say really.

Just another positive news story about girls' sport really.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
F*ck it, I don't know why I bother posting positive news stories.

You'd think that celebrations womens' and girls' records would be a good thing, but apparently not.

Top Bottom