Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

We all know why we have single sex services and spaces to start with. People pretending they don't know why and that keeping men out is some ridiculously cruel act of bigotry is pathetic. As is 'Well there are laws to deal with it afterwards'. No thanks.

You've just summed it up, inadvertently revealing the ridiculousness of your position.

TW have been self-identifying themselves into women's toilets for decades, but apparently there "might" be a problem with this if no law is created to address a theoretical issue that hasn't managed to manifest itself.

Many crisis centres explicitly admit TW. Those that don't are not reporting hordes of TW banging at the doors and threatening to sue if not allowed in.

Just admit it. It's a moral panic.

I think all Dutch people are all paedophiles.
Lies, you don't think.

They should f*ck off back to Holland and find their own forums I reckon.
Farage has it's effect on you apparently

I thought you didn't like straw men.
only when it doesn't suit him.

The Netherlands has strict laws regarding paedophilia, thus there is no problem in imprisoning paedophiles.
correct.

If there was a legal loophole that allowed paedophiles to predate on children, it would be closed ideally before that happened.
There was a club which started as a forum and later on they formed a political party because they got outlawyed that was roughtly translated ''aiming to easy the boundaries between adult and child sex'' it existed mainly out of peadophiles many with prior convictions and when police justice finally acted they where outlawed on the basis they where running an site/organisation with the main aim of breaking laws/causing harm. despite on the forum websites and in other communications using very carefull wording to sound legal, that didn't help them in the end as in dutch and many other countries law the judge/courts can decide they are in effect doging it so still rule it applies to them, like in this example.

TW have been self-identifying themselves into women's toilets for decades, but apparently there "might" be a problem with this if no law is created to address a theoretical issue that hasn't managed to manifest itself.
Not in the same numbers. Women tolerated it on the tacit understanding that these men were few in number, likely had had surgery, and were longstanding transsexuals.
And it's not actually about toilets however much you try to reduce it to that.

Many crisis centres explicitly admit TW. Those that don't are not reporting hordes of TW banging at the doors and threatening to sue if not allowed in.

Why would they be sued when, as you say, other women's refuges admit them and the EA allows exclusion anyway? You've answered your own question. The issue is that in some areas there is no separate provision guaranteed that is just for women and girls. There should be. Just as there should be unique provision for men and boys if they want it.

This 'There's always been transwomen in women's spaces and services' is nonsense. Where were the men in women's jails 20 years ago? The men on women's hospital wards? The men in women's sports?

View: https://x.com/i_heart__bikes/status/1797295411457147046

multitool

Not in the same numbers. Women tolerated it on the tacit understanding that these men were few in number, likely had had surgery, and were longstanding transsexuals.
And it's not actually about toilets however much you try to reduce it to that.

Ah yes. These hordes of marauding trans women.

So numerous that, yet again, you've had to scour the farking globe to find a photo.

Risible :laugh:

You say self ID doesn't bring any problems.
You say find me examples of these problems from countries with self ID.

I find you a thread with loads from one country, the US, and one single sport, Cycling, and you say 'Why are you finding me examples from the US?'. Because they have self ID.....

We don't have self ID in the UK. These are the problems some of us would like to not have materialise, any more than they have already.

Is Wales near enough? Male rider Cara Dixon was first 'woman' and 2nd overall in the Blaeneau 600 cycle race last week. No results list out for the race yet but last year no woman made the top ten and the highest placing woman was 30 hours behind the top male time.

Dixon 'couldn't be more proud of' themselves for coming first 'woman' and second overall. Yeah, well done.

Screenshot_20240612_170924_Chrome.jpg

D

Deleted member 159

Thomas- male swimmer has lost legal battle to compete in the Olympics in the female competition

World Aquatics welcome the news, hailing it as a 'major step forward in our efforts to protect women's sport.'

multitool

You say self ID doesn't bring any problems.
You say find me examples of these problems from countries with self ID.

I find you a thread with loads from one country, the US, and one single sport, Cycling, and you say 'Why are you finding me examples from the US?'. Because they have self ID.....

We don't have self ID in the UK. These are the problems some of us would like to not have materialise, any more than they have already.

Is Wales near enough? Male rider Cara Dixon was first 'woman' and 2nd overall in the Blaeneau 600 cycle race last week. No results list out for the race yet but last year no woman made the top ten and the highest placing woman was 30 hours behind the top male time.

Dixon 'couldn't be more proud of' themselves for coming first 'woman' and second overall. Yeah, well done.

View attachment 6149

I'm with you on sports.

But the Sodha article wasn't about sports. You do what you always do, which is pivot onto something else.

We both know why.

You aren't with me on sports. You've spent much of this thread claiming there aren't many men in women's sports, that they don't have an advantage, and that you don't think it matters anyway, at least not at non pro level.

The point is self ID (whether in law or not), and if the Equality Act isn't clarified men will continue to self ID into women's spaces and services just as they increasingly have into women's sports.

Now sports are on the back foot having to shut the door after the horse has bolted. It is increasingly a problem, thanks to Stonewall and co, and some of us would rather not be still dealing with it 5 years down the line.

Why don't you advocate for third spaces? Additional unisex spaces. Then you, your wife and daughters, men who say they are women, the lads on here, and everybody else who thinks women who want their own spaces are bigots can pee/change for swimming/have counselling/be ill in hospital altogether in a unisex environment. Women and men who don't want to share can have their own space. It's the ideal solution.

multitool

You aren't with me on sports. You've spent much of this thread claiming there aren't many men in women's sports, that they don't have an advantage, and that you don't think it matters anyway, at least not at non pro level.

Lol. I haven't said that at all. I've said very little on sport other than there is almost zero penetration of TW in professional sport, zero Olympic medal winners etc.

I absolutely haven't said they have no advantage. I haven't said it doesn't matter. What I did say is that TW are not very good at winning.

The point is self ID (whether in law or not), and if the Equality Act isn't clarified men will continue to self ID into women's spaces and services just as they increasingly have into women's sports.

Now sports are on the back foot having to shut the door after the horse has bolted. It is increasingly a problem, thanks to Stonewall and co, and some of us would rather not be still dealing with it 5 years down the line.

It's not much of a problem. A few cases in minor events mostly, tgat people like you recycle over and over like its the end of the world.

A few weeks ago you were wanging on and on about parkruns until somebody pointed out they aren't races.

It's not much of a problem. A few cases in minor events mostly, tgat people like you recycle over and over like its the end of the world.

A few weeks ago you were wanging on and on about parkruns until somebody pointed out they aren't races.

This is just your usual position of it doesn't matter to you so it shouldn't matter to anyone. Parkrun records results, as such women and girls who do Parkrun deserve fairness in the recording of those results.

D

Deleted member 159

Lol. I haven't said that at all. I've said very little on sport other than there is almost zero penetration of TW in professional sport, zero Olympic medal winners etc.

I absolutely haven't said they have no advantage. I haven't said it doesn't matter. What I did say is that TW are not very good at winning.

National champoinship level in the USA, one step below going to the Olympics representing your country. Thank goodness the separate sports banned trans form doing so. If it was left to the Olympic committee then female events would be inundated with TIMs

multitool

There are so many more important things affecting women's sport. Parity of pay, resources, coverage, training etc etc etc.

But...ooohh! There's a male student riding women's events in some sixth form college somewhere in the US everyone!!!!!

icowden

Legendary Member
Parkrun don't record times though, do they?

Yes. They say it isn't a competition but keep times and categorise by gender and age group thus allowing people to compare their times to others of their age and gender. It makes a mockery of the stats if you have transwomen in the women's category as they don't post times representative of a woman in the same age group.

Top Bottom