Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Loopholes are closed on the basis that they can be exploited.

Not true.

As I said, the most striking thing about Sodha's piece is that nothing has happened. The centre woman hasn't been sued, and TW haven't gone in.

It's nonsense. Just like all of this anti-trans cult.

Loopholes are closed on the basis that they can be exploited.

Usually they're closed when there is actual evidence of them being exploited.

There is no evidence of people exploiting the current GRC to enable predation.

The problem is that for far too many people the current set up is over legalised and over medicalised. That is what so called self ID was intended to solve.

Laws are not made on the basis of what might happen
Are you drunk? Proper laws are made on the basis to cover anything including things that might happen, that why we have laws. We don't prohibit or limit the possession and use of for example guns because someone might shoot his neighbor because he hates his Southpark shirt, we prohibit or limit the possession of guns because it are dangerous weapons.

As I said, the most striking thing about Sodha's piece is that nothing has happened. The centre woman hasn't been sued, and TW haven't gone in.
Yeah that's maybe an hard concept for you but some people look ahead and then try to find soluttions or voice concerns before they happen.

It's nonsense. Just like all of this anti-trans cult.
That's exactly why it's currently such a battlezone this discussion, someone voice concerns people like you dismiss them at ''hators'' Whilst if you try to understand said person you would known that it is far from the case.

Usually they're closed when there is actual evidence of them being exploited.
How would you prove something like that?

There is no evidence of people exploiting the current GRC to enable predation.
Ohh yes just like the Rotherham grooming gang, we first need lots of victims, so we can first ignore them, them call them racist or transphobe and then somewhere on the end of the line we might admit the problem but not solve it, something like that right? an then years down the line we need a minister who is also a transperson to say it was in fact a transperson abusing the rules..

The problem is that for far too many people the current set up is over legalised and over medicalised. That is what so called self ID was intended to solve.
So what your saying he current law is not fit for purpose? Who would have tought?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I think all Dutch people are all paedophiles.

I have no evidence of this and it hasn't happened yet, but just to be safe I think we should lock them all up because it might.

We shouldn't wait until there are victims.

They should f*ck off back to Holland and find their own forums I reckon.

icowden

Legendary Member
I think all Dutch people are all paedophiles.
I have no evidence of this and it hasn't happened yet, but just to be safe I think we should lock them all up because it might.
We shouldn't wait until there are victims.
I thought you didn't like straw men.
The Netherlands has strict laws regarding paedophilia, thus there is no problem in imprisoning paedophiles.

If there was a legal loophole that allowed paedophiles to predate on children, it would be closed ideally before that happened.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I thought you didn't like straw men.
The Netherlands has strict laws regarding paedophilia, thus there is no problem in imprisoning paedophiles.

If there was a legal loophole that allowed paedophiles to predate on children, it would be closed ideally before that happened.

I know we're all guilty of missing a joke from time to time, but seriously?

If it was clear that Dutch people were responsible for 98% of the sex crimes committed, in every country that keeps records, and have been for as long as records have been kept (which is 100 years +), then I doubt there is a country in the world that would allow Dutch people to enter.

You can reverse this joke of course. Hindu men comit crime at a lower rate than other groups. Statistically Hindu men are less likely to be jailed than Christian men or Muslim men for a sex crime. So we should allow Hindu men access to women's changing rooms then surely? We don't though do we? Because we all know the issue is them being male, not Hindu.

We all know why we have single sex services and spaces to start with. People pretending they don't know why and that keeping men out is some ridiculously cruel act of bigotry is pathetic. As is 'Well there are laws to deal with it afterwards'. No thanks.

The Crofted Crest

You do know there used to be a poltical party in the Netherlands, "Martijn", that stood on the sole ticket of legalising paedophilia? It has since been outlawed.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just a side note because it really amused me in its pointlessness:-
This came up on my twitter feed

UK voter ID: What trans and non-binary people need to know ahead of the general election​

https://www.thepinknews.com/2024/06/11/general-election-voter-id-trans-non-binary-lgbtq/

It's a really long article that could have been shortened to:-
Bring photo ID

In shock news this article informs trans and non-binary people that they have to bring valid photo ID which matches their electoral roll and where the photo looks reasonably like them. If they don't have valid photo ID then they should get valid photo ID.

Maybe Sophie Perry was being paid per word...

Top Bottom