Is the Green Agenda the new battleground for Brexiteers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Wokey Dick
This Pushmi-Pullyu prime minister will, more than likely, be held to ransom by his backbenchers.
It’s Tory rebels, not Boris Johnson, who will set the pace on Britain’s road to net zero
" the prime minister cannot resist indulging the caricature of ecology as a metropolitan lifestyle fetish for vegans and remainers. That was the implication of an article he wrote in the Sun this week, reassuring readers that “the Greenshirts of the Boiler Police are not going to kick in your door with their sandal-clad feet and seize, at carrot-point, your trusty old combi”.

Pale Rider

Veteran
There you go again, complaining about being insulted when the original post wasn't directed at you.
View attachment 121

There you go again, making stuff up - just stop it.

I am not complaining about being insulted, I am observing you are just serially moaning with no obvious point.

Which you still haven't made.

mudsticks

Squire
This Pushmi-Pullyu prime minister will, more than likely, be held to ransom by his backbenchers.
It’s Tory rebels, not Boris Johnson, who will set the pace on Britain’s road to net zero
" the prime minister cannot resist indulging the caricature of ecology as a metropolitan lifestyle fetish for vegans and remainers. That was the implication of an article he wrote in the Sun this week, reassuring readers that “the Greenshirts of the Boiler Police are not going to kick in your door with their sandal-clad feet and seize, at carrot-point, your trusty old combi”.

"the Greenshirts of the Boiler Police are not going to kick in your door with their sandal-clad feet and seize, at carrot-point, your trusty old combi”.

Sounds like a slightly more eloquent version of something that our very own Captain Underpants , would come up with :rolleyes:

I've heard it suggested before, that there's a tendency among some people, to consider concern for matters environmental to be a bit 'unmanly' or to only come from people 'not living in the real* world'

*If only climate change wasn't real.. 😟

Pale Rider

Veteran
You don’t need a mirror when you have a projector.

I realise sniping at me is far more interesting than posting on topic, but give it a try sometime.

The cap fits, wear it.

mudsticks

Squire

So lazy all I can do is post a pic of Private Eye

And sideways..:rolleyes:

It's interesting being an agroecological union representative, at the moment .

Conservation and ecology are traditionally seen as more trad Tory issues.
And we do get quite a lot of leverage and support from that wing.

Of course with the free marketeers, 'everything must be monetised , and capitalised' brigade it's slightly harder.

However, getting the trad left , who have historically supported the interests of workers in heavy industry , and urban areas, has been slightly more difficult.

But get the lefties, onto food justice, clean air and water, access to green spaces, workers rights , land justice, and more equitable distribution of 'the commons' then an interest is sparked .

I've been to appgs on such matters, and lots of conferences, regarding environment and ecology, and it does now seem to be more of a cross-party issue.

Thankfully...

Finally it's been 'de siloed'

It will be interesting to hear who is most vocal at, and about all this the COP.

I know Caroline Lucas isn't desperately impressed with our government. preparations for it..

mjr

Because the alternative's for gas heating really really suck at the moment, it will only create more resistance for the ''energy'' transition.
How do you feel they suck?

Solar using battery vehicles as local storage to power heat pumps under weather compensation control heating low-temperature emitters looks pretty fantastic except for the purchase costs and complicated set up with conflicting advice: warmer, cheaper, lower-carbon and less faffing with controls once set up correctly.

It is possible to fit weather compensation controls to some recent gas boilers, which switches your heating from reacting to changes in room temperature with bursts of full-blast radiators maybe throttled by thermostatic valves to predicting from outdoor temperature what radiator temperature is needed, allowing modern boilers to modulate and condense optimally and avoiding the yoyoing you often get otherwise.

The right wingers should love this, making us more self-sufficient and less reliant on both big business empires and some seriously dodgy foreign powers.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
How do you feel they suck?

Solar using battery vehicles as local storage to power heat pumps under weather compensation control heating low-temperature emitters looks pretty fantastic except for the purchase costs and complicated set up with conflicting advice: warmer, cheaper, lower-carbon and less faffing with controls once set up correctly.

It is possible to fit weather compensation controls to some recent gas boilers, which switches your heating from reacting to changes in room temperature with bursts of full-blast radiators maybe throttled by thermostatic valves to predicting from outdoor temperature what radiator temperature is needed, allowing modern boilers to modulate and condense optimally and avoiding the yoyoing you often get otherwise.

The right wingers should love this, making us more self-sufficient and less reliant on both big business empires and some seriously dodgy foreign powers.

Exactly there's some real rooting tooting shootin survivalist types who should be loving all this self sufficiency stuff..

But when it comes to it, they still have a 'right' to a gas guzzling suv.

Top Bottom