Is the Green Agenda the new battleground for Brexiteers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Who would fund the right wingers’ parties and pressure groups if not big business empires and dodgy foreign powers?
Surely right wingers aren't being conned by opportunist power-seekers leading their parties?

You can ask me if I ever look in the mirror if you like.
And I won't be affronted - honest..

The answer would be yes, but not really that often.

But when I do, a reasonably attractive, middle aged woman gazes back with a slightly wry smile :okay:
Same here….but only on my days off….

Archie_tect

"Older people, who won't see any benefits, seem to not care about the planet's future" ...the irony is that no-one this century will see any benefits from things we do, now, to prevent the increase in greenhouse gases as the slow return to a pre-industrialisation climate won't be achieved for hundreds of years, but that isn't the point of why we should, is it?

The Telegraph's blogger is just stirring up trouble as no doubt Jeremy Vine will when this hits the BBC. All we can do is ignore the doubters and get on with COP26 with a real purpose.

All Governments are discussing is how to slow the rate of the increase in greenhouse gases by 2030 we will achieve something but that sadly is too late as the permanent Climate Change Tipping Point was passed many years ago. Hence I suppose that is why the Telegraph fatalists suggest there is no point trying as the worst effects will be many years after they've sloughed their mortal coils.

lazybloke

Regular
Something wrong with the west demonising Putin for not attending COP26, whilst simultaneously burning as much Russian gas as we can get.

Sadly I'm complicit, having a gas hob and boiler at the current time :sad::eek::wacko:

mudsticks

Squire
"Older people, who won't see any benefits, seem to not care about the planet's future" ...the irony is that no-one this century will see any benefits from things we do, now, to prevent the increase in greenhouse gases as the slow return to a pre-industrialisation climate won't be achieved for hundreds of years, but that isn't the point of why we should, is it?

The Telegraph's blogger is just stirring up trouble as no doubt Jeremy Vine will when this hits the BBC. All we can do is ignore the doubters and get on with COP26 with a real purpose.

All Governments are discussing is how to slow the rate of the increase in greenhouse gases by 2030 we will achieve something but that sadly is too late as the permanent Climate Change Tipping Point was passed many years ago. Hence I suppose that is why the Telegraph fatalists suggest there is no point trying as the worst effects will be many years after they've sloughed their mortal coils.
There seemed to be approx a two second window where climate change deniers, realised their mistake, then went full blown'"Too late to do anything now"

Maybe two seconds is an over estimate??

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

The old divide and conquer routine, in this instance, setting old against young.

mudsticks

Squire
The old divide and conquer routine, in this instance, setting old against young.

Which is a nonsense.

As there are plenty of older people who care deeply about all this..

It's just possible that not all of them are regular Telegraph readers..

mudsticks

Squire
Perhaps a more appropriate title, although admittedly a little less catchy, would be "Is the Green Agenda the next battleground for the reactionary, following Brexit?"

To be honest, it has been their battleground for years..

Hence all the anti 'tree hugging' 'eco warrior' 'tofu munching' rhetoric you get off of the let's keep business pretty much as usual brigade..

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Which is a nonsense.

As there are plenty of older people who care deeply about all this..

It's just possible that not all of them are regular Telegraph readers..

I didn't say there were not older people who care (after all, I am one of them!, I also happen not to read the Telegraph).

My point was, that the old "sow the seeds of division" is a tactic commonly used by groups attempting to derail a movement.

Can we have the ball back in play now, please.....

mudsticks

Squire
I didn't say there were not older people who care (after all, I am one of them!, I also happen not to read the Telegraph).

My point was, that the old "sow the seeds of division" is a tactic commonly used by groups attempting to derail a movement.

Can we have the ball back in play now, please.....

I know, I wasn't taking issue with you, just the people who make out such nonsenses as 'older people don't care'

No need to get all prickly and defensive now :rolleyes:

You can have all the balls as far as I'm concerned. Not really a sporty sort Tbh.

It's nor really a case of being to late to do anything, just that the consequences of inaction are getting more disastrous.

Yes we can still start to row back, and reduce if not stop the warming effects.

And thereby avert some of the worst effects..

And build more climate change resilient systems.
And put in place carbon sequestering measures..

Gotta be worth a try :okay:

Top Bottom