Is this and the old naca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
just a bitter and nasty place for people to vent and turn on each other???

i ask this in all sincerity, as it seems every post is just a slanging match between members ( and for the record, im not in most of the slanging matches or most of the threads)

Discuss?? Without a slanging match

Mugshot

Über Member
No

No. Do you think it is/was?
i ask this in all sincerity,
Really?
as it seems every post is just a slanging match between members ( and for the record, im not in most of the slanging matches or most of the threads)

Posters have differences. That’s entirely the point. There is sometimes a bit of a crackle in the air but generally it hasn’t resulted in gratuitous name calling. Maybe you could explain what you mean by “slanging.”

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No. Do you think it is/was?

Really?

Posters have differences. That’s entirely the point. There is sometimes a bit of a crackle in the air but generally it hasn’t resulted in gratuitous name calling. Maybe you could explain what you mean by “slanging.”

In all honestly, yes i think it is……and i can now see why shaun wanted to shut the whole place down. Im on many different types of forums from cycling, to home diy, to diy solar and gardening. Not one of them has a politics section and everyone ( including me) interacts very well with loads of questions and informative answer, cause everyone is there to learn. On here and the other naca, it was just a place to bully each other into their way of thinking and that any other opinion is wrong ( and that goes for me too, im not innocent in any of this )

and you know what slanging means, i dont think its a term that needs to be explained.

but if others dont think so, then thats ok.

Last edited:
In all honestly, yes i think it is……
Why did you choose to join if that’s what you think? Was it an attempt to reduce the discord?
and you know what slanging means, i dont think its a term that needs to be explain…
I know what I take it to mean, and I have only occasionally seen it since this forum was set up. Could you provide some examples to illustrate your particular understanding?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I joined the Other Place only a few weeks before the plug got pulled on the old NACA so I can't really make a fair comparison. This place has a small contingent of regular posters and can be fractious but that doesn't typically escalate into genuine nastiness.

I would say over the last ten days or so, things have got noticeably more hostile, almost as though some new factor has been introduced, and which is behaving like a catalyst.

Maybe it's this weather.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why did you choose to join if that’s what you think? Was it an attempt to reduce the discord?

I know what I take it to mean, and I have only occasionally seen it since this forum was set up. Could you provide some examples to illustrate your particular understanding?

You just need to read the slanging match going in the thread “ world gone mad” for evidence.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I joined the Other Place only a few weeks before the plug got pulled on the old NACA so I can't really make a fair comparison. This place has a small contingent of regular posters and can be fractious but that doesn't typically escalate into genuine nastiness.

I would say over the last ten days or so, things have got noticeably more hostile, almost as though some new factor has been introduced, and which is behaving like a catalyst.

Maybe it's this weather.

Good job i joined only 7 days ago then…and as i stated im not even in most of the threads with slanging matches. But its ok to blame me, i dont mind…..its easy to blame someone else, rather than looking in the mirror and asking yourself, am i part of the problem.

and for reference, before i finally joined this so called new naca, i popped into this place everyday i was on the regular CC and i can guarantee you, there was a hell of a lot of mud slinging, abuse and slander being thrown around and i wasnt a member………i beleive pale rider left the forum and CC because of it, ive never forced anyone off CC or got them to quit it, but you guys did and again “ i wasnt a member then either”

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
i beleive pale rider left the forum and CC because of it, ive never forced anyone off CC or got them to quit it, but you guys did and again “ i wasnt a member then either”

That’s a bold assertion. Do you have any evidence for it or is it merely your impression?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
World gone mad thread is a bit rough and tumble but there are some interesting opinions mixed in there about the level of banter appropriate on a forum such as this.

I enjoy this forum. I think the lower active membership and slower pace help things. However it does seem to have got more heated over the last week or so and as I have pointed out, although we are unmoderated we are not unmonitored and the plug could be pulled at any time.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

That’s a bold assertion. Do you have any evidence for it or is it merely your impression?

Based merely on my impression…..but i do know members here forced pale rider to quit, i think thats a given

oh and i wasnt a member then either

OP
OP
J

jowwy

World gone mad thread is a bit rough and tumble but there are some interesting opinions mixed in there about the level of banter appropriate on a forum such as this.

I enjoy this forum. I think the lower active membership and slower pace help things. However it does seem to have got more heated over the last week or so and as I have pointed out, although we are unmoderated we are not unmonitored and the plug could be pulled at any time.

From what i read in this forum before i joined, it was well over heated, the same as when the other naca got closed. But thats just my opinion…….

i ask this in all sincerity, as it seems every post is just a slanging match between members ( and for the record, im not in most of the slanging matches or most of the threads)

Did you pay attention to any of your posts yesterday?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Did you pay attention to any of your posts yesterday?

Did you read the part , were i stated im not innocent in all of this……or did you do what most english teachers do and speed read and miss parts???

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
From what i read in this forum before i joined, it was well over heated, the same as when the other naca got closed. But thats just my opinion…….

There's always been a fair amount of pushing and shoving but it seems to me that as time has passed, some people are becoming emboldened to test the limits of what's acceptable, without even necessarily contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way. My fear is that we will only find out what the limits of acceptability are once they've been crossed by which time it will be too late.

If I'm absolutely honest, recently the forum seems to have become a rather unpleasant and intolerant place and I'm seriously considering whether I want to carry on visiting and contributing.

Top Bottom