Is this and the old naca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's always been a fair amount of pushing and shoving but it seems to me that as time has passed, some people are becoming emboldened to test the limits of what's acceptable, without even necessarily contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way. My fear is that we will only find out what the limits of acceptability are once they've been crossed by which time it will be too late.

If I'm absolutely honest, recently the forum seems to have become a rather unpleasant and intolerant place and I'm seriously considering whether I want to carry on visiting and contributing.

I tend to go several weeks without posting, just observing. I agree with your point and I do think that Shaun will pull the plug by the end of the year.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
I tend to go several weeks without posting, just observing. I agree with your point and I do think that Shaun will pull the plug by the end of the year.

What gives you that idea?
isn't it fulfilling its design brief?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Possibly, but I suppose there will come a point when Shaun feels this forum has run its course and is no longer a discussion of news and current affairs but simply one thread after another of posters going over each others posts. It's not really surprising there are few new joiners, or folk who read but won't post. Where's the incentive to join in when NACA is like it is? Still, this board is what we have made it so it's on us really.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
From what i read in this forum before i joined, it was well over heated, the same as when the other naca got closed. But thats just my opinion…….

In fairness, you do appear to have both very delicate sensibilites (outraged pearl-clutching over Bad Sweary Words) and a selective memory of recent posts (baseless accusations of repeated personal abuse) so I'm personally not over-confident about the reliability of your observations and interpretations.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
In fairness, you do appear to have both very delicate sensibilites (outraged pearl-clutching over Bad Sweary Words) and a selective memory of recent posts (baseless accusations of repeated personal abuse) so I'm personally not over-confident about the reliability of your observations and interpretations.

I didnt ask you to comment on my observations….i asked for others opinions on the situation and you cant even answer that question, without a dig at the poster.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Possibly, but I suppose there will come a point when Shaun feels this forum has run its course and is no longer a discussion of news and current affairs but simply one thread after another of posters going over each others posts. It's not really surprising there are few new joiners, or folk who read but won't post. Where's the incentive to join in when NACA is like it is? Still, this board is what we have made it so it's on us really.

I didn't think Shaun had an agenda or expectations for this forum other than that it was a means of off-worlding stuff that would otherwise 'stink up' the main site. I thought (his) expectations ran no further than that it would be sealed off such that it could be left to its own devices without 'infecting' the tea thread with inappropriate musings about cocoa and coffee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Why would I think you're lying?
I don't recall seeing any threads about why he left and AFAIK he didn't flounce.

There was a post in the other place, that has since been deleted, accusing a moderator of being racist…..in that thread, there were many arguments and one member stated about pale rider being forced off both sites by other posters accusing him of all sorts of things. He didnt flounce, he didnt post himself, it was posted by someone else

and the accuser of the moderator is still a member, didnt recieve a ban of any sort and is still posting, go figure………

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
There was a post in the other place, that has since been deleted, accusing a moderator of being racist…..in that thread, there were many arguments and one member stated about pale rider being forced off both sites by other posters accusing him of all sorts of things. He didnt flounce, he didnt post himself, it was posted by someone else

and the accuser of the moderator is still a member, didnt recieve a ban of any sort and is still posting, go figure………

I'm glad we don't get any of that sort of bollox over here. Shaun must be giving serious thought to pulling the plug on the main site.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

That's all the incontrovertible evidence we need.

I didnt ask you to comment on my observations….i asked for others opinions on the situation and you cant even answer that question, without a dig at the poster.

Oh dear. What was it you said in your OP?

i ask this in all sincerity, as it seems every post is just a slanging match between members ( and for the record, im not in most of the slanging matches or most of the threads)

Discuss?? Without a slanging match

Top Bottom