Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

matticus

Guru

That's a good piece. Interesting that it takes a work of "art" to give a springboard to something balanced and sensitive that still gets to the important (painful) points.

I liked her point about the jarring segue into Ken-and-barbie at the ceremony, whilst the Guardian web-site layout gives us this:

1710497257875.png

multitool

Shaman

And yet militarily, Nethanyahu is screwed.

He's pushed the Gazans to Rafah on the border and announced plans to attack. But no attack is yet to happen. Meanwhile Hamas are re-infiltrating and regrouping in the North. So much for his total victory. Biden is drawing a red line over Rafah in the face of Israel starving the refugees.

I sense a get out for Nethanyahu here. He forces Biden to stop the war, and Nethanyahu gets to blame Biden for denying his his total victory over Hamas, which is of course impossible anyway.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This is just taking the pish now. Not that it hasn't been for a long time, but still...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cameron-israel-gaza-downing-street-tel-aviv-b2516573.html

From the article:

"Despite Lord Cameron’s criticism, Downing Street said the Government still believed that Israel was acting within international humanitarian law."

What the actual f*ck is humane about starving an entire group of people? And when is someone actually going to have the bollocks to stand up to Israel and say in no uncertain terms that what they're doing is an absolute atrocity for which they should be ashamed?

multitool

Shaman
The article mentions Ben Gvir, a government minister. I sometimes wonder whether, in the western world, there isnt wholesale ignorance about just how extremist some of the people in Nethanyahu's government actually are. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itamar_Ben-Gvir

Those of us who keep an ear open to Middle-Eastern politics will have been concerned about people like Ben Gvir and Smotrich in the 6 months leading up to 7/10.

C R

Über Member
Israel throw their toys out of the pram after yesterday's UN security council resolution by withdrawing from the Qatar talks.

Will the US hold their nerve an keep the pressure on Israel?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
A vague bollocking for Israel from the UN:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68691095

I notice that the posters who usually like to defend the indefensible have been a bit quiet on this thread recently. I wonder why?

I've not really been paying attention, has anyone apologised or retracted their comments regarding the debunked allegations of mass rape and the beheadings of babies?

Israel's not gonna stop, that 'vague bollocking' means nothing. They are monsters.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I've not really been paying attention, has anyone apologised or retracted their comments regarding the debunked allegations of mass rape and the beheadings of babies?

Israel's not gonna stop, that 'vague bollocking' means nothing. They are monsters.

I don't believe that's happened.

Hamas created this situation though, don't forget that!

CXRAndy

Veteran
History began on October 7th!

Hamas opened a healing wound. In fact they went on opening the patient and removing vital organs.

You cannot in any way blame Israel for their response. They have had enough and Hamas broke the camels back with their attack on Israeli citizens, kidnapping, murder, rape, beheading of children.

What has happened is totally justified. Israel will not stop until they have destroyed Hamas to the point that they surrender, release all the remaining hostages.

It's full blown war since October 7th 2023-however distasteful anyone thinks

Top Bottom