Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
That’s such a feeble trolling that I can’t even say ‘nice try’, since support of Hamas (a proscribed terrorist organisation) is illegal.

Have another go…

Never assume trolling where another alternative might just be sheer stupidity :okay:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Unfortunately, Israel and the professional semites are always very happy to talk for all jewish people. Good to see jewish people pushing back on that.

Well it's sad if they feel they have to, but yes.

Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I've not really been paying attention, has anyone apologised or retracted their comments regarding the debunked allegations of mass rape and the beheadings of babies?

Israel's not gonna stop, that 'vague bollocking' means nothing. They are monsters.

I've been trying to find the right words to express this thought on this thread and I can't, so this tweet will have to do.

View: https://twitter.com/boneysoups/status/1774872586398105625?t=y0nHyVjRIstBagU-r3p4zg&s=19

multitool

Shaman
It wasn't just people on twitter saying it, it was Regev, in his Australian drawl stating that "Israel does not target hospitals". Seems a bit hollow now. I don't recall ever seeing the footage of Hamas command tunnels under the Al Shifa hospital, either. I suppose that now the Israelis have attacked it again and levelled it, we never will.

You have to wonder what the actual Israeli plan was at that point, and whether it bore any similarities to what the Israelis eventually did. What is certain is that whatever plan they have it won't work. There is no military solution to this conflict.

As an aside, it is fascinating to compare UK tv news coverage from the early part of the invasion to now. It is markedly different. Initially there was almost no Palestinian voice, very little attempt to provide one, and almost no footage of destruction on the ground. There was, in fact, wall to wall Israeli voice, often army spokespeople with regional British accents, and the ubiquitous Regev.

It's the opposite now. No Regev. No in person on camera Israeli spokesmen, loads of footage of Palestinian suffering and people on the ground.

multitool

Shaman
I can't help but feel that their strategy is nothing other than complete and total annihilation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herem_(war_or_property)?wprov=sfla1

https://www.thecairoreview.com/essays/israels-ever-existing-plan-to-depopulate-the-gaza-strip/

I think this article presents a clear view of how recent events fit into historical context.

I don't think it was a given we would end up here until Nethanyahu took control and allowed real extremists into government.

multitool

Shaman
Interesting week...

Biden's administration has been publically hostile to Israel's trajectory in Gaza, warning them not to attack Rafah. This has gone on for a few weeks, and the Israelis have not attacked.

This week it is reported that the US has replenished Israel's stock of bombs (and I understand the wider geo-political reasons for doing this).

And then this weekend it looks like Nethanyahu ordered further attacks on high-level Iranians in Syria, presumably to punish Iran for supplying their regional proxies.

The Israelis seem to be goading Iran into a wider conflict, which I doubt the US will want in spite of their 45 year history of anti-Iran rhetoric.

Top Bottom