Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Corbyn has been dancing in the streets in leafy north London

He may be. He may not be.

Your point is?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Other than to call him a bellend, there really is no point engaging with AndyCXR.

Oh I know that, hence my comment about never playing chess with pigeons on another thread, but as it was his first foray into this thread I thought I would see if I could get some sort of reasoned response.

The experiment failed.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I know the concept might be difficult for you to understand but it is possible to support a cause without supporting the actions taken in furtherance of it.

There are lots of people who are broadly sympathetic to the plight of ordinary Palestinians who have condemned on social media the atrocities by Hamas. It's been awful to see some people celebrating them though, just awful.

There are lots of people who are broadly sympathetic to the plight of ordinary Palestinians who have condemned on social media the atrocities by Hamas. It's been awful to see some people celebrating them though, just awful.
That's not really the point, on the bbc today there was somekind of lunatic calling it equal to the ''warshaw ghetto uprising'' do you seriously think the Bbc is gonna call in someone from Isreal when Palestine is burning down in abouts a week time? no off course not there gonna zoom in on the image of little children that hamas put there.

Being pro Palestine is one thing, being pro terrorist is a other, now lefties often have problem with that, quick to point out to nazi's on the right, but forgetting that left wing hero's like Che guneva, Moa, Stalin, Marcx where no better

edit: changed some to zoom

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Nope, Bush declared the war on terror also not exactly an state right?

There was no formal declaration of war by the US government on the abstract concept of 'terror', no.

Did you see my later post regarding euphemisms? The War Against Terror was full of them. Why do you think Guantanamo Bay held 'enemy combatants' rather than prisoners of war?

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Corbyn has been dancing in the streets in leafy north London

I’m no Corbyn fanboy, but he certainly isn’t celebrating the slaughter of hundreds at a music festival.

You watch the Tories swiftly bringing Corbyn into every conversation to have a dig at Labour. It’s so predictable, yet he isn’t even in the Labour part anymore.

And this is far more serious than a left / right issue

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
The more news coverage I see, the more I think Hamas have made a terrible mistake. This is so much more serious than their usual minor incursions.

They appear to have undertaken some horrific acts of pure terrorism on innocent civilians.

multitool

Shaman
The more news coverage I see, the more I think Hamas have made a terrible mistake. This is so much more serious than their usual minor incursions.

They appear to have undertaken some horrific acts of pure terrorism on innocent civilians.

It's hideous. No other words.

I suppose they justify it on the basis of huge civilian deaths and degradation at the hands of the Israelis for decades, to which the Western world seems blind. Coupled with an aggressive hard right Israeli government who have been pushing ahead with annexation of occupied territory and siege of Gaza.

There's also the geopolitical aspect of shifting sands of in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia and Israel formulating a peace plan which is probably what troubled Iran.

Anyway, as in Israel, it will be civilians in Gaza and probably Lebanon who will bear the brunt.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

It's a huge mistake and will lose them support from people who did sympathise with ordinary Palestinians rather than with Hamas. Nobody in their right mind thinks you can rape and kidnap your way out of oppression. And even if you are idiotic enough to think that the atrocities shown against civilians are justified, yesterday was not the time to say it.

F78lFccXQAE-ucp.jpeg

Top Bottom