Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You seemed to be suggesting that yesterday's events were a continuation of the endless tit for tat - back and forth of hostilities, in which Israel usually has the upper hand but this time didn't. It wasn't. Hamas committed straightforward atrocities on a huge scale. It had nothing whatsoever to do with liberating the Palestinian people because liberation has never been achieved through raping women and the massacre of teenage kids. That wasn't a proportionate response to Israeli oppression or an attempt to free Gaza. It was punishment and revenge and all it will bring is more conflict.

C R

Über Member
You seemed to be suggesting that yesterday's events were a continuation of the endless tit for tat - back and forth of hostilities, in which Israel usually has the upper hand but this time didn't. It wasn't. Hamas committed straightforward atrocities on a huge scale. It had nothing whatsoever to do with liberating the Palestinian people because liberation has never been achieved through raping women and the massacre of teenage kids. That wasn't a proportionate response to Israeli oppression or an attempt to free Gaza. It was punishment and revenge and all it will bring is more conflict.

You may want to read about the nakba

You seem to be justifying yesterday's atrocities now. How do you feel about the Russians raping and murdering their way through the German civilian population of Berlin as revenge for Hitler's Soviet invasion? Horrific unjustifiable war crimes or may I want to read about the Siege of Leningrad for context? How anybody can basically say 'What goes around comes around' about these events is beyond me.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

OK, now do Israel.

View: https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1711311974926295130?t=61uD-2OM_IAPro5J6wUMrg&s=19

C R

Über Member
You seem to be justifying yesterday's atrocities now. How do you feel about the Russians raping and murdering their way through the German civilian population of Berlin as revenge for Hitler's Soviet invasion? Horrific unjustifiable war crimes or may I want to read about the Siege of Leningrad for context? How anybody can basically say 'What goes around comes around' about these events is beyond me.

Israel holds the whole population of Gaza as hostages for as long as I can remember, on occasion blocking all medicine, water, fuel and electricity, so the comparison with Stalingrad and Leningrad is apt, but not in the way you think.

And I repeat, no one here has defended hamas.

D

Deleted member 49

Nobody's saying what goes around comes around are they ? You can condemn both sides.
When the IRA bombed the mainland do you think we should of sent the RAF in,stopped all food and water getting to any Catholic areas ?
Not everybody in Gaza supports Hamas.

Israel holds the whole population of Gaza as hostages for as long as I can remember, on occasion blocking all medicine, water, fuel and electricity, so the comparison with Stalingrad and Leningrad is apt, but not in the way you think.
And the Red Army raping and murdering civilians en route to Berlin was ok then? Because context. That's the apt comparison.

And I repeat, no one here has defended hamas.

Yet you can't quite seem to bring yourself to condemn the rape of young women and killing of children explicitly though. Instead you refer me to Wikipedia for context. There is no context that explains what happened yesterday.

By the end of the month when God knows how many Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli army perhaps someone will post the Wiki page for 8/10/23 so you understand the context.

Nobody's saying what goes around comes around are they ? You can condemn both sides.

Haven't really seen much condemning of both sides on here tbh.

Milzy

Please don’t mention Wikipedia on here, it’s totally biased and compromised. Israel are the oppressors here.
IMG_2935.jpeg

C R

Über Member
And the Red Army raping and murdering civilians en route to Berlin was ok then? Because context. That's the apt comparison.

Yet you can't quite seem to bring yourself to condemn the rape of young women and killing of children explicitly though. Instead you refer me to Wikipedia for context. There is no context that explains what happened yesterday.

By the end of the month when God knows how many Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli army perhaps someone will post the Wiki page for 8/10/23 so you understand the context.

Haven't really seen much condemning of both sides on here tbh.

?

Please don’t mention Wikipedia on here, it’s totally biased and compromised. Israel are the oppressors here.
Yes, they are the oppressors but nobody should look at yesterday's events and think, you know what, nevermind about the rounding up of girls to rape and families to execute, what we really need is some Whataboutery.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Yes, they are the oppressors but nobody should look at yesterday's events and think, you know what, nevermind about the rounding up of girls to rape and families to execute, what we really need is some Whataboutery.

I don't see any mention of these atrocities. Do you have a link?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom