Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
That goes both ways you know.

All to play for

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The sheer ignorance.

A nuclear-armed regional superpower with current generation weapons fighting a ragtag of volunteers who are fighting an illegal occupation that has lasted 57 years.

Actually sounds rather familiar, except replace regional with international, and, at least twice the ragtag volunteers saw them off. That is an observation, not a prediction.

Reactions: C R
For me it's enough to know that the retribution for 1300 killed, following years of persecution, is 40,000 killed and counting.

Does Netanyahu (and you) really think his actions are likely to lead to a durable peace?
I don't known about you but from here i can't change anything and even if i would travel to there it still wouldn't change a thing. Hell Rabin was killed by one of his own, just because the tought of continues peace was to much to bear for some.(and Arafat was on the same kind of hitlist for similar reasons) But in an ideal world there would be no Isreal but something called Palestine with Jews and Palestinians living in peace and thriving and stuff like that. But we don't live in that world.

We live in a world where despite multiple agreements, al very similar to the 'ceasefire now'' demands Isreal which is whether you or anyone else likes it or not a legal accepted country by international norms.(different than for example Russia claiming Crimea is theirs) The organization ruling in Gaza called Hamas and a few other fractions, is attacking Isreal every so much years, 7 October was part of a bigger plan, rumored to be with the help of Iran, with the full intentions of killing everyone in Isreal. That there where ''just'' 1300 killed in the 7 October attacks was not due to a lack intention to kill more. Than the 40.000 killed first off it are Hamas numbers which also includes their fighters(at least in part) at is not an reliable number(i posted an articles of an professor earlier who explains why it is so unreliable) but it is the only thing we have going for and Isreal itself uses those numbers too. But then i think it's also important to compare why the numbers are so different, as some of you conveniently ignore rocket attacks on Isreal are nothing new, it's just that Isreal got not bloody children to show, that it might be different in peoples perception but the intentions or rockets on either side are the same, they have the intention to cause damage whether Israel intents to kill Hamas and Hamas intents to kill as many as possible is a other discussion. But the whole reason why we before 7 October never heard much of frequent rockets attacks is because Isreal tries to defend it civilians and Hamas uses them as a human shield.

That being said i don't believe the Gaza invasion is about revenge, sure enough there will be enough isreali politicians/army guys etc. etc. who will say it's about revenge but to be honest, 7 October was possible because of a masssive failure in Isreals defences, i think the invasion is more fueled by fear (from the Isreali's) of Hamas getting to powerfull and therefore potentially a bit more succesfull next time and/or has it's neighbours on board next time.(Hezbollah was rumored to join in too but they seemed to back out at the last moment.
Because i can't see how you would justify a operation of this magnitude, just for revenge or retribution Think they got a rude awakening and then found out Hamas had became potentially more then they could chew on so they feel they need to defend then in order to defend themselves.
See my initial response, and other posts about sources, and being critical of both sides. Also that nobody "blindly" follows Hamas as you keep saying but can never back up.
You keep on saying that yet your actions speak louder then words, but lets taken an example that we can clearly check, you a few months ago along with others openly doubted that Isreal would have the capaticity to house 1 million refugees outside Rafah, the UNRWA earlier this week said in their usual ''Isreal is so mean tone'' that there where 1.000.000 people in those camps.
Is that your ''being critical of both sides''? or all those X clips multinazi post? without exception if you respond to it you write about it as if it where facts, whilst at the very beginning of the conflict i already showed ones of the clips he showed at that time with a complete other caption. Now i don;t have the energy to go down to all his clips again, but my point still is. If you claim to be critical off both sides how come if you would look at your responses, you see that over at least 70% you're going off at isreal. (very carefull estimate)
Also it's quite easy to say your against a bunch of terrorist right?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't known about you but from here i can't change anything and even if i would travel to there it still wouldn't change a thing. Hell Rabin was killed by one of his own, just because the tought of continues peace was to much to bear for some.(and Arafat was on the same kind of hitlist for similar reasons) But in an ideal world there would be no Isreal but something called Palestine with Jews and Palestinians living in peace and thriving and stuff like that. But we don't live in that world.

We live in a world where despite multiple agreements, al very similar to the 'ceasefire now'' demands Isreal which is whether you or anyone else likes it or not a legal accepted country by international norms.(different than for example Russia claiming Crimea is theirs) The organization ruling in Gaza called Hamas and a few other fractions, is attacking Isreal every so much years, 7 October was part of a bigger plan, rumored to be with the help of Iran, with the full intentions of killing everyone in Isreal. That there where ''just'' 1300 killed in the 7 October attacks was not due to a lack intention to kill more. Than the 40.000 killed first off it are Hamas numbers which also includes their fighters(at least in part) at is not an reliable number(i posted an articles of an professor earlier who explains why it is so unreliable) but it is the only thing we have going for and Isreal itself uses those numbers too. But then i think it's also important to compare why the numbers are so different, as some of you conveniently ignore rocket attacks on Isreal are nothing new, it's just that Isreal got not bloody children to show, that it might be different in peoples perception but the intentions or rockets on either side are the same, they have the intention to cause damage whether Israel intents to kill Hamas and Hamas intents to kill as many as possible is a other discussion. But the whole reason why we before 7 October never heard much of frequent rockets attacks is because Isreal tries to defend it civilians and Hamas uses them as a human shield.

That being said i don't believe the Gaza invasion is about revenge, sure enough there will be enough isreali politicians/army guys etc. etc. who will say it's about revenge but to be honest, 7 October was possible because of a masssive failure in Isreals defences, i think the invasion is more fueled by fear (from the Isreali's) of Hamas getting to powerfull and therefore potentially a bit more succesfull next time and/or has it's neighbours on board next time.(Hezbollah was rumored to join in too but they seemed to back out at the last moment.
Because i can't see how you would justify a operation of this magnitude, just for revenge or retribution Think they got a rude awakening and then found out Hamas had became potentially more then they could chew on so they feel they need to defend then in order to defend themselves.

You keep on saying that yet your actions speak louder then words, but lets taken an example that we can clearly check, you a few months ago along with others openly doubted that Isreal would have the capaticity to house 1 million refugees outside Rafah, the UNRWA earlier this week said in their usual ''Isreal is so mean tone'' that there where 1.000.000 people in those camps.
Is that your ''being critical of both sides''? or all those X clips multinazi post? without exception if you respond to it you write about it as if it where facts, whilst at the very beginning of the conflict i already showed ones of the clips he showed at that time with a complete other caption. Now i don;t have the energy to go down to all his clips again, but my point still is. If you claim to be critical off both sides how come if you would look at your responses, you see that over at least 70% you're going off at isreal. (very carefull estimate)
Also it's quite easy to say your against a bunch of terrorist right?

Yup. I'm anti terrorism.

Reactions: C R

theclaud

Reading around the chip

20240317_162914.jpg

For all those ''being on both sides who might have missed this quote because it's not about Isreal bombing something..

"is a calculation that more fighting — and more Palestinian civilian deaths — work to his advantage. “We have the Israelis right where we want them,” Sinwar said in a recent message to Hamas officials seeking to broker an agreement with Qatari and Egyptian officials."
source: https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-ea...n-bloodshed-will-help-hamas-626720e7?mod=e2tw

So in other words if your angry about Palestinian casualties blame Hamas. they wanted it like they say themselves

multitool

Pharaoh
I suspect large numbers support hamas in gaza. They deserve everything hamas is receiving

The fact is thousands upon thousands of civilians have been killed.

Are you seriously going to try and justify the slaughtering of 14,000 children?

Really?

Do you ever stop and think before opening that farking huge mouth?

CXRAndy

Guru
After hostages were found in Palestinian's homes, then no they are directly aiding hamas. They're one and the same

I suspect large numbers support hamas in gaza. They deserve everything hamas is receiving
I suspect *if* Isreal really succeeds in clearing Hamas out of Gaza a whole other imagine of how poeple in Gaza see Hamas will emerge, just as a whole other image of how people really saw Saddam Huissein emerged when he was brought down.

The fact is thousands upon thousands of civilians have been killed.

Are you seriously going to try and justify the slaughtering of 14,000 children?
The point you're missing is that Hamas proudly celebrates those deaths and says it should me more and are reaching their goals, so yes Hamas with their main leaders safely in Qatar are indeed justifying the death of civilians and children.

Top Bottom