Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

He resigned, in 2015 (I think). That explains every thing, this would never have happened if Teflon Tony had still been involved. 😊

It quite possible that he's weighed it up and realised he'd be on to a hiding to nothing with public pronouncements.

After all, neither side wants a ceasefire. Hamas have quite literally factored in the civilian deaths to their plan to try and draw Israel in to boots in the ground in Gaza. They might be a little wobbly because Hezbollah said "We're right behind you mate" but are looking in from the safety of the other side of the door.

Israel cannot and will not stop at this point, because Hamas are not backing down n and have stated, explicitly, that they will re-attack regardless.

What sane country would back down in the face of that? Let alone an insane country like Israel.

Which is why those calling on Starmer to demand a ceasefire are a sandwich short of a picnic.

And, yes, it is excruciating violence taking place and innocents are dying en masses.

Last edited:

Milzy

It quite possible that he's weighed it up and realised he'd be on to a hiding to nothing with public pronouncements.

After all, neither side wants a ceasefire. Hamas have quite literally factored in the civilian deaths to their plan to try and draw Israel in to boots in the ground in Gaza. They might be a little wobbly because Hezbollah said "We're right behind you mate" but are looking in from the safety of the other side of the door.

Israel cannot and will not stop at this point, because Hamas are not backing down n and have stated, explicitly, that they will re-attack regardless.

What sane country would back down in the face of that? Let alone an insane country like Israel.

Which is why those calling on Starmer to demand a ceasefire are a sandwich short of a picnic.

And, yes, the is excruciating violence taking place and innocents are dying en masses.

After some Toolish posts this is actually a brilliantly accurate analysis. Credit when credit is due. chapeau Sir, when all is said and done everyone on this thread will watch the world burn together.

multitool

After some Toolish posts this is actually a brilliantly accurate analysis. Credit when credit is due. chapeau Sir, when all is said and done everyone on this thread will watch the world burn together.

I went on a march yesterday. Its all I can do.

If there is something else I can do, please tell me.

But nothing I have said in that is different to anything I've said previously. Its as much a political war as it is military. The people who can influence outcomes are keeping their powder dry.

Milzy

I hope you didn’t encounter any racist bigots with England/Union Jack flags. They should be swiftly arrested. Probably Brexit mongs with grey hair or bald.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

And, yes, it is excruciating violence taking place and innocents are dying en masses.

Did you miss that Blair quit in 2015, presumably, before the current Hamas attack was dreamt up?

But, if we leave Blair out of it, I agree with what you say 100%

multitool

Did you miss that Blair quit in 2015, presumably, before the current Hamas attack was dreamt up?

No, but wouldn't preclude him from speaking about it, would it?

But, if we leave Blair out of it, I agree with what you say 100%

I suspect we've another few weeks and another 10,000 deaths including hundreds of Israeli soldiers before we get anywhere near a ceasefire. Will be delighted to be proved wrong.

multitool

Anyway, I'm old enough to remembered when Mark Regev appeared on BBC and said categorically " Israel does not target hospitals"

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

I suspect we've another few weeks and another 10,000 deaths including hundreds of Israeli soldiers before we get anywhere near a ceasefire. Will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Indeed, me too with the proved wrong.

Milzy

The hardcore conspiracy theorists believe Israel go so far that Hamas get supported by Iran and other militant groups and end up suffering one huge bloody nose. Peace talks may come to Ukraine/Russia conflict first.

multitool

The hardcore conspiracy theorists believe Israel go so far that Hamas get supported by Iran and other militant groups and end up suffering one huge bloody nose. Peace talks may come to Ukraine/Russia conflict first.

Iran aren't going to do anything. There are two US carrier strike groups and a nuclear sub in the Eastern med, B1-Bs at Fairford, and a load of other shoot being readied.

Milzy

Iran aren't going to do anything. There are two US carrier strike groups and a nuclear sub in the Eastern med, B1-Bs at Fairford, and a load of other shoot being readied.

Do you think there’s a chance Pro Palestine supporters may try to hijack the Veterans parade on Sunday? The Police could end up with a difficult job. All the football hooligans support the vets. There’s a chance it could all become very ugly in London on Armistice Day.

Do you think there’s a chance Pro Palestine supporters may try to hijack the Veterans parade on Sunday? The Police could end up with a difficult job. All the football hooligans support the vets. There’s a chance it could all become very ugly in London on Armistice Day.

What makes you think veterans won’t be at both events? One is on Saturday, the other on Sunday.

dutchguylivingintheuk

Ãœber Member
There is *some* evidence/rumors off Iran's involvement not from the least by Hamas spokespersons themselves, but if what they say is what actually happens is always a question.
But so far it doesn't seem to be at the same level as for example Hezbollah has received support from Iran.
But the dreamed ''uniting the islamic world against the rest'' as called for the a Hamas liked person hasn't happened at all, quite to the contrary, sunni Countries like Saudi Arabia took the oppertunity to shi't a bit more on Hamas, Shia countries like Iran(alltough some call Iran more persian) might join in sending some rockets to Isreal or us bases but not much more then that. So Hamas is quite lonely, not an ideal position whilst losing support from the civilian population. (if they ever really had it)

Top Bottom