Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Ok I bit and had a quick look/listen.Christ there so fecking boring...who actually takes in any of this sh1te ?
Sunak looks like he's been on the Red Bull and Truss looks like she needs to.Its so false :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Did Truss just say she 'spake out'?

I think they both just spake out for the best of all of us.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I know they're addressing an audience of Tories, whose whole existence depends on endemic economic illiteracy, but what are the BBC's Political Editor and Economics Editor for if they can't or won't illuminate political and economic questions for a lay audience [it's a rhetorical question, btw]? Not a murmur from either of them as Sunak spouts off about 'the nation's credit card'.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I know they're addressing an audience of Tories, whose whole existence depends on endemic economic illiteracy, but what are the BBC's Political Editor and Economics Editor for if they can't or won't illuminate political and economic questions for a lay audience [it's a rhetorical question, btw]? Not a murmur from either of them as Sunak spouts off about 'the nation's credit card'.

I'd like to think that tonght was observe.

I'd hope to think next time it's question

I'm also a BBC softie.

ebikeerwidnes

Not a good look for either of them

Sunak talked over Truss many many times which is a bad look - and didn;t let her talk
Truss was not capable of standing up to it - even at low levels

eventually Sunak realised he was getting into the bullying terrory and it was looking bad

but Truss had no answers - Starmer muct be thinking he has a few easy years if she wins - she was not good

Sunak seemed to make sence - truss I wouldn;t trust to run a model train set

but neither seemed to understand what ' the common man' needs from the government

damn awful all over - but Truss was the worst

Not a good look for either of them

Sunak talked over Truss many many times which is a bad look - and didn;t let her talk
Truss was not capable of standing up to it - even at low levels

eventually Sunak realised he was getting into the bullying terrory and it was looking bad

but Truss had no answers - Starmer muct be thinking he has a few easy years if she wins - she was not good

Sunak seemed to make sence - truss I wouldn;t trust to run a model train set

but neither seemed to understand what ' the common man' needs from the government

damn awful all over - but Truss was the worst

Are you a Conservative member? If not, your opinion about ‘the common man’ doesn’t matter a jot. I can’t see them electing someone of obviously immigrant heritage, not even one that talks over women.

View: https://twitter.com/soozuk/status/1551666207488712708?s=21&t=O9PeAYVppZx4z-p32of1zw

DC3759DD-F182-40E4-B1D1-686CF8CDA9A1.jpeg

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

Well - I for one would welcome either of our chest-bursting/skin-flaying new overlords, as a refreshingly moderate and progressive alternative.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Are you a Conservative member? If not, your opinion about ‘the common man’ doesn’t matter a jot. I can’t see them electing someone of obviously immigrant heritage, not even one that talks over women.

Yes, that was why my naughty side fancied Kemi to win, the prospect of a woman, immigrant heritage, and black, Conservative PM was just too good to be true.

stowie

Absolutely. An hour in a Reading shopping centre will see anyone off.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think the Reading shopping centre is "The Oracle".

I remember this clearly because of the sign on the M4 saying "Junction 11 for The Oracle". Always hoped that some mystical guru lived in Reading who would be able to cure ailments and predict the future. Turns out it is a retail park.

Milkfloat

I remember this clearly because of the sign on the M4 saying "Junction 11 for The Oracle". Always hoped that some mystical guru lived in Reading who would be able to cure ailments and predict the future. Turns out it is a retail park.

I think the Octagon is Burton-upon-Trent, I can see how the two meccas of consumerism can get mixed up.

lazybloke

Regular
Th

There's a Hexagon (theatre) in Reading. Saw Bill Bailey perform there....

Top Bottom