Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The Hexagon is a venue in Reading.

The Octagon is a venue that's part of the University of Sheffield.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The logo of Reading Borough Council is also a hexagon, roughly depicting the shape of the town and the roads and waterways which pass through it.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Sorry to be pedantic, but I think the Reading shopping centre is "The Oracle".

I remember this clearly because of the sign on the M4 saying "Junction 11 for The Oracle". Always hoped that some mystical guru lived in Reading who would be able to cure ailments and predict the future. Turns out it is a retail park.

You're right - I was having a brain scramble. There's an Octagon Theatre in Bolton.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
The Pentagon shopping centre in Chatham was an absolute sh!thole & one of the best places in Medway to get stabbed. It's probably gone downhill since the 80s, though.

Beebo

Veteran
Wow. The presenter just fainted live on TV.
That’s spiced things up. Hope the presenter is OK.
It sounded like she hit the floor hard.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Wow. The presenter just fainted live on TV.
That’s spiced things up. Hope the presenter is OK.
It sounded like she hit the floor hard.

Yes, just seen News item (ITV I think), Presenter is OK. It was a big crashing sounds.

Most exciting thing to happen so far. ;)

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think the Reading shopping centre is "The Oracle".

I remember this clearly because of the sign on the M4 saying "Junction 11 for The Oracle". Always hoped that some mystical guru lived in Reading who would be able to cure ailments and predict the future. Turns out it is a retail park.

It should be the 'Orifice'...anyway, my friend and neighbour still died there....

stowie

Sunak has now pledged to scrap VAT on energy bills if prices keep rising, in an attempt to keep up with Truss' tax giveaway bonanza.

They have over a month to go, and seem determined to get locked into an escalation war of who will give the most tax cuts and be the most horrible to refugees.

At this rate, by the end of the summer both will have policies to scrap all tax and to machine-gun refugees as they arrive on the south-coast beaches.

Their priorities does give an insight - if one was needed - into their views of the mindset of the average conservative party member.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Sunak has now pledged to scrap VAT on energy bills if prices keep rising, in an attempt to keep up with Truss' tax giveaway bonanza.

They have over a month to go, and seem determined to get locked into an escalation war of who will give the most tax cuts and be the most horrible to refugees.

At this rate, by the end of the summer both will have policies to scrap all tax and to machine-gun refugees as they arrive on the south-coast beaches.

Their priorities does give an insight - if one was needed - into their views of the mindset of the average conservative party member.

only if it tops 3k though.....and he has opposed it in westminster

Top Bottom