Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

Hence Truss will win a landslide over Sunak because she promises tax cuts which will appeal to and help most the tory faithful and Sunak at least is talking more of helping the disadvantage (of Tunbridge Wells of course)....

She’s beginning to make Sunak look left of Corbs…

She’s beginning to make Sunak look left of Corbs…

Well at least left of Starmer!

Liz Truss defends energy firms saying profit is not evil​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62513966

Guaranteed to appeal to the Tory elite

guaranteed to loose the next election

so how will they vote (have they voted)

I think we are in for a rough couple of years followed by a car crash of an election for the Tories

but I've been wrong before

Profit is not evil per-se, it's a necessary part of business. The debate is about what is reasonable and how it's divied-up and used.

Bazzer

^^^^WHS^^^
Went shopping this morning and for the first time in my life in the supermarket, there was not just a food bank trolley, but volunteers actively seeking donations, handing out lists of foods wanted and a trestle table behind which two volunteers were accepting donations.
Tax cuts, reviewing EU law? These bastards should be taking a long hard look at the wreckage of many people's current lives.

ebikeerwidnes

^^^^WHS^^^
Went shopping this morning and for the first time in my life in the supermarket, there was not just a food bank trolley, but volunteers actively seeking donations, handing out lists of foods wanted and a trestle table behind which two volunteers were accepting donations.
Tax cuts, reviewing EU law? These bastards should be taking a long hard look at the wreckage of many people's current lives.

I have long thought that it is just wrong that a country with a social security concept such as ours should have so many people needing Food Banks

I also realised that most of the money and food donated to food banks comes from, probably, people at the end of society that is just above that level of people who need them.
On which basis it is like a tax on the people who care and most of teh people who pay that tax are the people with JUST enough to be able to afford to
The ones who can easily afford to contribute less, if anything
In my opinion and based on the conclusive evidence of a conversation with my wife

Ian H

Guru

Beebo

Veteran
Truss has been totally exposed with the recording of her claim that UK workers are lazy. And that the Brexit debate was incorrectly blamed on EU migration.

How can she make overseas trade deals with other countries when she thinks so little of the workers.

The lack of productivity in UK is due mainly to the profits going to share holders and not being reinvested.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Truss has been totally exposed with the recording of her claim that UK workers are lazy. And that the Brexit debate was incorrectly blamed on EU migration.

How can she make overseas trade deals with other countries when she thinks so little of the workers.

The lack of productivity in UK is due mainly to the profits going to share holders and not being reinvested.

do you mean 'too much of the profits going to share holders' ? In which case, I would agree, although a better educated workforce may also help.

Don't any of our more successful (ie more productive) competitors have shareholders?

Near where I live, there is a large (Nissan) car factory, it is, or was, the most productive in Europe, I believe. So, I think productivity may be slightly more complicated than supposed laziness of the work force, but, this is Truss talking, do we expect sense, or facts?

Top Bottom