Let’s talk about BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Well, I applaud those people standing with Lineker. Not having watched sport (or anything much else) on TV for many years, I'm mostly puzzled by the various allusions to other people. Anyone do a quick precis? (no, I'm joking - don't).

Just another normal day in a normal country. Remind me about the right whingers obsession with cancel culture?

David.jpeg

linekar.jpeg

:eek:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
They've got no commentators now either.
Even the PFA have declared support.

And they don't have enough football highlights to come anywhere near filling the programme without the analysis and chatter.

Anyhow, I'm expecting my home team to play a scoreless draw today so they don't become associated with the fallout....

multitool

Shaman
Absolutely that, but also on attention is being drawn to the capture of the BBC by Tory appointees.

multitool

Shaman
Phil Mitchell has finally spoken on Linekar, perma-serious frown and pencil in hand, and concluded that it is a "difficult and nuanced issue" but that the actual limits of free speech revolve around financial loss, whilst simultaneously invoking the notion of defunding BBC because it's full of lefty cultural marxists, :

View: https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1634267082110955521?s=20

Michelle Dewsbery looking on, angry that he is using long words like 'nebulous'. At least she understands her audience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom