Let’s talk about BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
(Look away now, @Ian H - that's a footy reference BTW):
Screenshot_20230311-183935.png

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It’s a change they could have made at any time if there was viewer demand for it. Are there many sports highlight programmes without punditry? Why might that be?

No idea, as you may have guessed, I am not a fan of watching sport, or, listening to “pundits” talk about it.

icowden

Legendary Member
Since when has a dislike of football been an indicator of suppression of free speech?
You are conflating two different things.
Are you suggesting that people who do like football are the only people who care about free speech?
It is possible to hold two different ideas.

I get your point that on the surface it's great that there is less football coverage if you don't like football, but the reason for that is not great at all. It's a bit like saying the Nazi's were great at maintaining law and order.

stowie

Watching some MoTD just now. Absolutely no commentary either during the highlights or between match highlights.

I didn't realise that all the actual match commentators were also not turning up, thought it was just the in studio pundits.

I think that Liverpool decided not to conduct any interviews with the BBC today, but that might be just because they had a poor match against Bournemouth including a penalty miss....

D

Deleted member 49

Watching some MoTD just now. Absolutely no commentary either during the highlights or between match highlights.

I didn't realise that all the actual match commentators were also not turning up, thought it was just the in studio pundits.

I think that Liverpool decided not to conduct any interviews with the BBC today, but that might be just because they had a poor match against Bournemouth including a penalty miss....
Klopp "I told my team we stand in solidarity with Gary Lineker and for them not to give the BBC any highlights for MOTD."
Beat City at home, next weekend lose 1-0 at bottom of the league Forest. Beat Man Utd 7-0,then lose 1-0 at bottom of the league Bournemouth. 🤣
Solidarity with Klopp...but there shite !

stowie

I see Sunak is now trying to distance himself from this row. Nice try, but Mordaunt having a go at Lineker in Parliament means Sunak's government is involved. I doubt Mordaunt's comments weren't pre-planned.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom