Let’s talk about BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tragedy, innit?

He's certainly let himself go since the Bee Gees.

Saturday Night Fever apparently....

albion

Guru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct4z6t

Maybe it is just me, but I am aghast. Note that it starts gentle, but seems to hang hang onto a theme for dear life.
Crack the hidden code speak and I guess it is somewhere towards not continuing a lie.

I would nominate it for a creativity award. Could be useful as a teaching aid, for politics. BBC are overdoing their fear mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Netflix up
Amazon Prime up
Disney+ up
Sky up

BBC licence fee frozen for last 2 years with an expectation that it rises with inflation in 2024. But now Sunak is saying and extra £1 a month is too much!

I’m well aware that the first 4 aren’t compulsory purchases but even so the BBC is an institution which must be protected.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Netflix up
Amazon Prime up
Disney+ up
Sky up

BBC licence fee frozen for last 2 years with an expectation that it rises with inflation in 2024. But now Sunak is saying and extra £1 a month is too much!

I’m well aware that the first 4 aren’t compulsory purchases but even so the BBC is an institution which must be protected.

The big difference is that TV watchers have a CHOICE with Netflix etc, ie, if you don't like their offerings, don't buy the package. No such choice exists with BBC, even if you don't watch their output, if you watch live TV, you have to pay the Fee.

For what it is worth, I do watch BBC in preference to ITV etc, and, I do pay the licence fee.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
The big difference is that TV watchers have a CHOICE with Netflix etc, ie, if you don't like their offerings, don't buy the package. No such choice exists with BBC, even if you don't watch their output, if you watch live TV, you have to pay the Fee.

For what it is worth, I do watch BBC in preference to ITV etc, and, I do pay the licence fee.

Yes. Did you read my last paragraph?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes. Did you read my last paragraph?

Clearly not. My apologies ;)

Andrew Neil’s approval doesn’t reassure me.

IMG_4137.jpeg

Top Bottom