Liz Truss - the first 100 days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
If Starmer cannot make the Tories and Truss look bad over this, especially the windfall tax and just saddling people with paying extra in future, then he does not deserve to win the next election.

He made her look bad over it at PMQs today….its just whether sufficient people care about it enough to make it an issue.

stowie

I care hugely.
I don’t want my bills or my kids bills to be high for years to come when energy companies get to keep £100 billion in excess profits.
I can’t understand why the general population aren’t worried about this.

I don't think the government will manage to enact this without some kind of penalty to the companies profiting. Unless the media and the opposition party don't flag it at all, the story of "fat-cats" getting big bonuses paid for by "hard-working families" is a pretty straight forward and compelling one.

The government line seems to be that windfall taxation would discourage corporate investment. Which seems a bit weak to me.

albion

Guru
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/energy-crisis-liz-truss-windfall-tax-b2162122.html
The Indie thinks the plan is just more debt being loaded onto the British public.

Utility bills are heavily loaded with debts for the smart meter debacle, the offshore windfarm 150% surchare, and for all those liquidated utility companies. Plus of course, the ludicrous failure to invest in gas storage facilities means more peak price gas has to be bought.

Truss whilst only collectively to blame for those has vowed to continue the ban on cheap onshore wind.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Can we stop having a pop at the appearance of Liz Truss and the female members of her cabinet and just focus on what truly awful people they are?

indeed.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Screenshot_20220908-181914_Gallery.jpg

albion

Guru
100 days of keeping the seat warm for Rees-Mogg.

It is at near total rock bottom that Mogg steps in.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm not sure anyone is particularly having a pop at her appearance. She's being compared to bins because she's awful. She's being compared to an evil doll because she's awful. She's ridiculed because she's ridiculous. All those stupid photo opportunities like the ones where she looks like she's having a shoot and the ones in the stupid hat say something about her character, it's got nothing to do with the way she actually looks.

There's a tradition of satire and caricature in politics and this carries it on.

Top Bottom