Local election posters near you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

On a short spin round Taunton this morning I counted 24 Lib Dem posters in peoples' gardens, 6 Independents and not one for Labour or Conservative.

How are things looking in your neighbourhood?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Labour have been the most pro-active in my area. The local councillor, Cath Davis has actually been round the area which impressed me enough to switch my normal (sadly wasted) Green vote to Labour. I've always voted Green in the past, but I know for a fact that they're just putting candidates up in seats just so they have representation, which is fine but they're not actually doing any serious campaigning which is disappointing.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
On a short spin round Taunton this morning I counted 24 Lib Dem posters in peoples' gardens, 6 Independents and not one for Labour or Conservative.

How are things looking in your neighbourhood?
My ride round the villages of the Somerset Levels today, Stoke St Gregory, North Curry, FiveHead, Langport, Westonzoyland saw about an equal number of Conservative and Lib Dem. I didn't see any Labour and don't recall any Independents.

ebikeerwidnes

Naff all

mind you the chances of anyone getting in without having Labour next to their name is all but zero

we actually have a choice of 3
a) Labour - current guy - seems helpful - been there for ages
b) Conservative - no chance - probably only there as a marker and to comply with a policy of standing in all the seats if they can
c) an independent

so - as the Labour guy is a shoe-in I was thinking of voting for the independent guy if his policies seemed OK

Then I got a leaflet through the door from him

Text in ALL CAPITALS (ex IT teacher - this really winds me up!!!)
Grammar error on the second line
formatting rubbish

and his job - Technology teacher
A teacher REALLY should know hot to do a simple leaflet - I used to teach it to 10 year olds and would expect better!!!

Oh - and his policies are mostly to do with central government not local - - so he potentially doesn't know how things work

End rant

No elections here in Northamptonshire. Two new Unitary Councils were elected last year for a four year term.

Over the weekend I drove to Scarborough and back without seeing an election poster anywhere.

Too late to edit.

There were flyers taped up along the front in Scarborough for a local indy candidate opposing development of the town's West Pier.

ebikeerwidnes

Oh - apart from the Ind. guy we have also had one from the Labour guy

nothing from the Tories - mind you I often pass the local Conservative HQ - never seen a single person going in or out - so not really surprising that they are not out and about

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Naff all

mind you the chances of anyone getting in without having Labour next to their name is all but zero

we actually have a choice of 3
a) Labour - current guy - seems helpful - been there for ages
b) Conservative - no chance - probably only there as a marker and to comply with a policy of standing in all the seats if they can
c) an independent

so - as the Labour guy is a shoe-in I was thinking of voting for the independent guy if his policies seemed OK

Then I got a leaflet through the door from him

Text in ALL CAPITALS (ex IT teacher - this really winds me up!!!)
Grammar error on the second line
formatting rubbish

and his job - Technology teacher
A teacher REALLY should know hot to do a simple leaflet - I used to teach it to 10 year olds and would expect better!!!

Oh - and his policies are mostly to do with central government not local - - so he potentially doesn't know how things work

End rant

This! Another thing which annoys me is when they don't use local printers. I've checked the latest flier from Cath and it's fine, but where I used to live (Wallsend), the promoter used a printer in Wales.

A little thing, I know, but if you're going to be standing in a local election at least use local businesses. Which I appreciate sounds a bit League of Gentlemen, and I know the candidates don't have control over these things, but still...

Ian H

Guru
This! Another thing which annoys me is when they don't use local printers. I've checked the latest flier from Cath and it's fine, but where I used to live (Wallsend), the promoter used a printer in Wales.

A little thing, I know, but if you're going to be standing in a local election at least use local businesses. Which I appreciate sounds a bit League of Gentlemen, and I know the candidates don't have control over these things, but still...
Which reminded me of the Preston Model.

D

Deleted member 49

Could of used someone local themselves...
Screenshot_20220502-224119.png

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Not seen many round here. A Labour guy tried to give me a leaflet on the drive but I explained they wouldn't get my vote again because of their current not knowing what a woman is nonsense. Nobody for me to vote for at the moment.

Top Bottom