Mason Greenwood

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It's the modern version of Trial by Drowning.
So do the club consider him to be a rapist? There's little doubt that he has, in the words of the OP, 'misbehaved' at least. Is that what he requires rehabilitation from? Has he at least owned that misbehaviour?

I can see that even admitting and apologising for misbehaviour would be problematic as it would be seen as wholly inadequate but something bad did happen and he did play a part in it.

matticus

Guru
So do the club consider him to be a rapist? There's little doubt that he has, in the words of the OP, 'misbehaved' at least. Is that what he requires rehabilitation from? Has he at least owned that misbehaviour?

I can see that even admitting and apologising for misbehaviour would be problematic as it would be seen as wholly inadequate but something bad did happen and he did play a part in it.
The words I have boldened sum-up my "Witch Trial" comment. He can't win, whichever way he jumps, he drowns.

As for the other questions in your post - some of which are important - you're asking the wrong person, sorry; I don't have quick answers.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
The words I have boldened sum-up my "Witch Trial" comment. He can't win, whichever way he jumps, he drowns.

As for the other questions in your post - some of which are important - you're asking the wrong person, sorry; I don't have quick answers.

Did you type this Witch Trial stuff without irony?

winjim

TBH I'm not particularly concerned about Goodwillie and whether he drowns or not, I'm interested in the response from the club, the teams, the sponsors and the supporters.

However, you have missed out in your bolding an important part of my sentence. I'm making a distinction between him apologising for rape, and apologising for 'misbehaviour' which may or may not include rape. The club obviously think he did something wrong, hence the statement regarding rehabilitation, but does he agree? If my prospective employer put out a statement like that, and I disagreed that I had done anything which required rehabilitation, then I don't think I would want to work for them.

I am aware that you don't have all the answers, these are largely rhetorical questions.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Prioritising the football of course..

Perfectly reasonable behaviour.

Honestly, I don't know how the board can have thought they had the best interests of the club in mind when they decided to sign an unrepentant rapist.

mudsticks

Squire
Honestly, I don't know how the board can have thought they had the best interests of the club in mind when they decided to sign an unrepentant rapist.

Maybe they thought nobody would notice?

What with him being good at kicking balls, n all..??

I really have no idea

Who, if anyone, does he play for at the moment ??

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Maybe they thought nobody would notice?

What with him being good at kicking balls, n all..??

I really have no idea

Who, if anyone, does he play for at the moment ??

Nobody. His career is over. Which will cost Raith a lot in the longer term.

He wasn't even particularly good at kicking a ball at a high level.

mudsticks

Squire
Nobody. His career is over. Which will cost Raith a lot in the longer term.

He wasn't even particularly good at kicking a ball at a high level.

Oh, which makes his signing all the more strange ...

Get me - talking about football ..

I think that'll do for now though.

matticus

Guru
However, you have missed out in your bolding an important part of my sentence.
p.s. you know perfectly well why I missed out that word, as would anyone else who has read the thread from p1! You can try to put words in my mouth, but it won't always work ...

winjim

p.s. you know perfectly well why I missed out that word, as would anyone else who has read the thread from p1! You can try to put words in my mouth, but it won't always work ...
If you're truly concerned about my putting words in your mouth, which I have no intention of doing, then I'd thank you not to alter the meaning of my posts by omission of key words. If you want to make a point which is unrelated to mine then feel free to do it without quoting me.

Top Bottom