Mason Greenwood

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Regular
Nobody. His career is over. Which will cost Raith a lot in the longer term.

He wasn't even particularly good at kicking a ball at a high level.
It was cluster…..k of giant proportions , I actually thought the guy had disappeared out of the game . So surprised to see he had actually been playing in the lower leagues. There didn’t seem much of in uproar when at Clyde but if there was it didn’t make the news. The current debacle though is being blamed in oor Nippy and her supporters.

One things for sure Raith have done some serious damage and Will no doubt have to pay this guy compo ??! Crazy … it’s community club like most of the smaller teams. How the hell the torpedoed themselves like this is nuts !

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It was cluster…..k of giant proportions , I actually thought the guy had disappeared out of the game . So surprised to see he had actually been playing in the lower leagues. There didn’t seem much of in uproar when at Clyde but if there was it didn’t make the news. The current debacle though is being blamed in oor Nippy and her supporters.

One things for sure Raith have done some serious damage and Will no doubt have to pay this guy compo ??! Crazy … it’s community club like most of the smaller teams. How the hell the torpedoed themselves like this is nuts !

There was.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/calls-boycott-football-club-after-10161013

Also convicted in the same trial was David Robertson, who was playing for Cowdenbeath at the time, but at least he had the decency (if that's an appropriate word to use in this context) to retire when he was convicted.

MrGrumpy

Regular

AndyRM

Elder Goth

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Clyde have signed Goodwillie on loan for the rest of the season.

F*cking hell, that's even dafter than Raith signing him in the first place.

MrGrumpy

Regular
Yes quite the discussion today at work. Crazy however not quite the furore of Raith . Clyde fans and sponsors must be ok with it :whistle:

Was it not Clyde he transferred to Raith from?

He seemed to be below the radar there; it was the sponsor and the Women's Team who flagged his presence at Raith.

Struggling a bit with it in some ways as, were he a convicted criminal offender, he might have an expectation of rehabilitation.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Was it not Clyde he transferred to Raith from?

He seemed to be below the radar there; it was the sponsor and the Women's Team who flagged his presence at Raith.

Struggling a bit with it in some ways as, were he a convicted criminal offender, he might have an expectation of rehabilitation.

He is a convicted criminal. Three times for assault.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
His rehabilitation can begin once he accepts responsibility for his actions and shows remorse. I don't think he is prepared to do this yet.

spen666

His rehabilitation can begin once he accepts responsibility for his actions and shows remorse. I don't think he is prepared to do this yet.
He was not convicted of rape though.

Indeed, I do not think he was even prosecuted for rape.

The finding was in a civil case which has a different standard of proof.

icowden

Legendary Member
He was not convicted of rape though.
Indeed, I do not think he was even prosecuted for rape.
There was an intention to prosecute but the Crown decided on the evidence not to proceed as they did not think there was a reasonable prospect of conviction - i.e. not enough evidence to probe beyond reasonable doubt that he committed rape.

The victim then launched a civil case where the burden of proof is whether someone did a thing on balance of probability, and the Judge's verdict was that they had. He also found that both footballers were evasive and selective to protect themselves. Goodwillie immediately declared bankruptcy which ensured that he didn't have to find the £100,000 in damages that the victim was awarded.

His character doesn't exactly sell itself either. He has three convictions for assault, and had to be ordered by the courts to pay child support for a baby he had with a big brother contestant.

Top Bottom