Mason Greenwood

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I'm pretty sure it is. The way he writes and the terminology is the same AND well, you just don't see Pale Rider any more do you? He's hoping for a new go without the vitriol he attracted before.

Well I rather doubt it.

Tbh the (supposedly) 'no nonsense' gammony 'anti woke' bloke talk, isn't really that unique a voice.

You can find it pretty much on any internet platform.

- and as Claude has pointed out a few times, you'll also encounter it holding forth in many a little inglinder pub.

No idea where PR might be, of course I'd not wish any human being any ill but I can't say I miss his speil here.

The ignore option is probs the best recourse, in this case, attention seekers want attention right??

Even the negative stuff, encourages more of it...

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Once or twice Bronco Billy mentioned belonging to a cohort of people making regular visits to undefined hospital outpatient clinics. He may not be a well man.
Naturally I shan't be sending flowers to the peevish, salted-pork reactionary and if he surfaces will be piling on with the usual relish, but nor do I wish him harm, real harm in the real world that is.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You kidding me?

I think the little s**t should be stripped of everything he's ever had and sent down, hopefully to the YOI where my lad works.

I was being careful not to pre judge because I know what people on here are like with the 'innocent until guilty ' brigade.

If you think I would condone this sort of behaviour your more intent on judging me than the subject than I thought.
Where did I say you condoned it?

There is a subtle difference between "condone" and "trivialise".

Incidentally, you manage to say you are not pre-judging just after you say "the little sh*t should be stripped of everything he's ever had and sent down".

Edit: FWIW I do not believe you would condone rape.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
In possibly not entirely unrelated news, outrage at Raith Rovers as they sign David Goodwillie, found by a civil court to be a rapist.

Fans have stayed away, the women's captain has quit, members of that team have called for a name change in order to distance themselves from the men's team, and shirt sponsor Val McDermid has withdrawn. The club say they encourage 'rehabilitation' but I can't see that Goodwillie has ever admitted guilt nor expressed remorse.

So, a strong reaction. I wonder if it will be repeated in similar cases.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...signs-amid-fury-over-david-goodwillie-signing

From the Raith website:

As announced on our website last night, Raith Rovers FC can confirm that we have signed David Goodwillie from Clyde FC.

David is a proven goal scorer, and this will be his second stint with the club, having previously played for us on loan from Dundee United during season 2007-08.

As with all new signings, the club has carefully considered our position as a Community Club and we completely respect the differing views among fans and stakeholders, many of whom we have spoken to directly in the past 24 hours and are continuing to engage with.

As David has previously played for Raith Rovers earlier in his career, we consider him to be part of Raith Rovers Football Club. The management team is familiar with David’s career and background and – in particular – his footballing ability. That is our foremost consideration, and we believe that he will strengthen the Raith Rovers playing squad.

Please be assured that as a community football club we fully acknowledge this signing has divided opinion amongst our loyal fans and commercial stakeholders; We aim to rebuild that trust.

While acknowledging the gravity of what happened ten years ago, as a club we fully support and encourage rehabilitation, and many factors influenced our signing.

First and foremost, this was a football related decision.

Takes some nerve writing that given he's always maintained his innocence, despite evidence to the contrary. He's an unrepentant, entitled pr!ck.

Killie were linked with him a few seasons ago. I'm just as glad now as I was then that he didn't sign.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
From the Raith website:

As announced on our website last night, Raith Rovers FC can confirm that we have signed David Goodwillie from Clyde FC.

David is a proven goal scorer, and this will be his second stint with the club, having previously played for us on loan from Dundee United during season 2007-08.

As with all new signings, the club has carefully considered our position as a Community Club and we completely respect the differing views among fans and stakeholders, many of whom we have spoken to directly in the past 24 hours and are continuing to engage with.

As David has previously played for Raith Rovers earlier in his career, we consider him to be part of Raith Rovers Football Club. The management team is familiar with David’s career and background and – in particular – his footballing ability. That is our foremost consideration, and we believe that he will strengthen the Raith Rovers playing squad.

Please be assured that as a community football club we fully acknowledge this signing has divided opinion amongst our loyal fans and commercial stakeholders; We aim to rebuild that trust.

While acknowledging the gravity of what happened ten years ago, as a club we fully support and encourage rehabilitation, and many factors influenced our signing.

First and foremost, this was a football related decision.

Takes some nerve writing that given he's always maintained his innocence, despite evidence to the contrary. He's an unrepentant, entitled pr!ck.

Killie were linked with him a few seasons ago. I'm just as glad now as I was then that he didn't sign.
I know. 'Proven goal scorer', so what? I live in Sheffield so I remember very well the Ched Evans incident a few years ago. This seems like a very similar situation and the thing is, now as then, even if you take the most charitable interpretation of what happened, Evans / Goodwillie still come out of it looking like pretty unpleasant people. That's the very best you can say about them.

D

Deleted member 49

I know. 'Proven goal scorer', so what? I live in Sheffield so I remember very well the Ched Evans incident a few years ago. This seems like a very similar situation and the thing is, now as then, even if you take the most charitable interpretation of what happened, Evans / Goodwillie still come out of it looking like pretty unpleasant people. That's the very best you can say about them.
Was Ched Evans found not guilty at a retrial though....
But I get the point he carried on a successful career in the meantime.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Was Ched Evans found not guilty at a retrial though....
But I get the point he carried on a successful career in the meantime.
My point is that even if you accept the not guilty verdict, even if you take the best, most charitable interpretation of events, he still comes out of it looking pretty bad.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

Where did I say you condoned it?

There is a subtle difference between "condone" and "trivialise".

Incidentally, you manage to say you are not pre-judging just after you say "the little sh*t should be stripped of everything he's ever had and sent down".

Edit: FWIW I do not believe you would condone rape.
I do pre judge people all the time and am rarely wrong, for the benefit of some on here I was trying to be 'diplomatic '.

D

Deleted member 49

I do pre judge people all the time and am rarely wrong, for the benefit of some on here I was trying to be 'diplomatic '.
You got Johnson wrong....or are you still of the opinion he's doing his best ?

Mr Celine

The club say they encourage 'rehabilitation' but I can't see that Goodwillie has ever admitted guilt nor expressed remorse.
Without wishing in any way to defend the scumbag it should be pointed out that the crown never prosecuted him due to, in it's opinion, lack of evidence.
He will have been advised that an admission of guilt could land him in court on a criminal charge.

matticus

Guru
Without wishing in any way to defend the scumbag it should be pointed out that the crown never prosecuted him due to, in it's opinion, lack of evidence.
He will have been advised that an admission of guilt could land him in court on a criminal charge.
It's the modern version of Trial by Drowning.

Top Bottom