Maureen Lipman: Cancel culture could wipe out comedy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
To be fair, they tried to cast the Invisible Man with a real invisible one but nobody showed up at the audition.
You've excelled yourself!

matticus

Guru
How dare John Hurt play the Elephant Man when he's not even an elephant?
:laugh:

OK, sherioushly now: I'm also totally against the "lived experience" thing, or that a Catholic can't play a Proddie character. etc.

But flippin' heck this thread is turning into self-parody now isn't it? Lipman is hardly the first to object to this sort of casting (see numerous examples in the Fab Guardian article); persons of acting talent and colour have been all over it for years, then there are the gay and disabled communities ....
So I guess Lipman's name is on the wall - the NACA un-cool wall. No doubt her PR guy has head-in-hands.

Mugshot

Über Member
:laugh:

OK, sherioushly now: I'm also totally against the "lived experience" thing, or that a Catholic can't play a Proddie character. etc.

But flippin' heck this thread is turning into self-parody now isn't it? Lipman is hardly the first to object to this sort of casting (see numerous examples in the Fab Guardian article); persons of acting talent and colour have been all over it for years, then there are the gay and disabled communities ....
So I guess Lipman's name is on the wall - the NACA un-cool wall. No doubt her PR guy has head-in-hands.
Perhaps it's more the hypocrisy.

1641409049438.png

D

Deleted member 28

You'll be telling us next Dawn French isn't religious?

This forum really is dire!

Hilariously entertainment though.

D

Deleted member 28

You do understand that people aren't supporting Lipman don't you?
You for real, I'm attempting to take the piss!

Top Bottom