Moderation Poll

Do you think NACA needs moderators

• Yes - based on the rules of CycleChat

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Yes - but only for the most egregious of posts (racism, swearing, nudity etc)

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • No - anything goes we are all adults and know what we signed up for.

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
We now interrupt your scheduled programming for a bit of light music.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ozmU9cJDg

We now return you to your scheduled programming.

Good album that...one of the best

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Just may?? i mean come on, its a superb album, from a top rock band

I love it but I'd put ...And Justice For All slightly above it - first Metallica album I bought & at the time the most bleak, hostile, wilfully difficult music I'd ever heard. Would have been better with audible bass (or if Cliff was still there), but one of those musical turning-points for me.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Overblown and pompous, a kind of distorted noise accompanied by an awful thumping and too much of that wah wah sound over the top.

I hear that because of a TV show Metallica have found a new fan base who had barely even heard of them a little over a month and a half ago, but who are now criticising them due to previous bad behaviour and attempting to 'cancel' them. Stranger Things.

Last edited:

jowwy

Overblown and pompous, a kind of distorted noise accompanied by an out of time thumping and too much of that wah wah sound over the top.

I hear that because of a TV show Metallica have found a new fan base who had barely even heard of them a little over a month and a half ago, but who are now criticising them due to previous bad behaviour and attempting to 'cancel' them. Stranger Things.

never seen stranger things, but i was a fan of metallica over 30yrs ago.........

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
i had both albums.....but must say i was a bigger iron maiden, than metallica fan
Never really got into Maiden - I'm old enough to have bought their first album when it came out, back in the NWOBHM days but never saw them at the time or bought much else. Original vocalist Paul Di'Anno wasn't that great IMO, they improved hugely when Bruce joined but I'd sort of moved on by then. I did see Bruce Dickinson fronting Samson at Chatham Central Hotel back in 1980-something, still calling himself Bruce Bruce for some reason!
Overblown and pompous, a kind of distorted noise accompanied by an out of time thumping and too much of that wah wah sound over the top.
Goes to show what a matter of taste music is - overblown & pompous is sort of the point with metal a lot of the time! While Lars Ulrich is not the most technically gifted of drummers, his timing (at least in the studio) is impeccable - Metallica have always been a ridiculously tight band.
never seen stranger things, but i was a fan of metallica over 30yrs ago.........
I've thoroughly enjoyed all 3 series of Stranger Things - I've read Stephen King since my teens & it's broadly a love-letter to his 80s output. Master Of Puppets being featured so prominently in the last episode was a fantastic payoff!

No question Metallica were better 30+ years ago!

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Goes to show what a matter of taste music is - overblown & pompous is sort of the point with metal a lot of the time! While Lars Ulrich is not the most technically gifted of drummers, his timing (at least in the studio) is impeccable - Metallica have always been a ridiculously tight band.

Actually you're correct, I've amended my post and I think it works better that way. Sorry, I was distracted by my lunch.

jowwy

Never really got into Maiden - I'm old enough to have bought their first album when it came out, back in the NWOBHM days but never saw them at the time or bought much else. Original vocalist Paul Di'Anno wasn't that great IMO, they improved hugely when Bruce joined but I'd sort of moved on by then. I did see Bruce Dickinson fronting Samson at Chatham Central Hotel back in 1980-something, still calling himself Bruce Bruce for some reason!

I've thoroughly enjoyed all 3 series of Stranger Things - I've read Stephen King since my teens & it's broadly a love-letter to his 80s output. Master Of Puppets being featured so prominently in the last episode was a fantastic payoff!

No question Metallica were better 30+ years ago!

i was never into the live music scene to be honest, i did go to monsters of rock once and i did go and see bon jovi at the old arms park in cardiff in 95' i think it was, ably supported by thunder and Van halen

Top Bottom