NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
What is this "in-crowd" you refer to? Is it the "clique" you make such a blatant point of saying you are not a member of? Possibly it's the "you lot" that your hero often refers to.

I happen to agree with the general approach to politics and current affairs that, probably the majority of, posters take, although not all of the time (although I do not make a very strange habit of liking almost every one of a particular member's posts, that would just be weird :rolleyes:). I happen to disagree with nearly all the posts of a small number of posters. I do not know any posters, nor do I really have any wish to do so, no offence meant, but I certainly don't agree or disagree with them to be part of any "in-crowd", nor does anyone else. This is a discussion forum with people of different views, not a school playground.

BoldonLad

@Rusty Nails

To avoid you getting at all nervous RN, I'd just like to preemptively assure you that I'm not about to start liking every one of your posts .

Nor indeed, find them irresistably hilarious neither .

Tending to find some peoples posts more generally aligned with one's own ideas / values / thinking, than others doesn't make any one of us members of a 'clique' it's just human nature - if we dare to have a view on things at all.

Both on, and off line .

Like yourself I'm not particularly inclined to meet up with any of em* not neither, either..

The anonymity - up to the point that such a thing exists, is part of the attraction tbh

* Well maybe possibly one or two..

- But I'm not saying who, so as to spare everyones blushes ...:blush:

Who would have thought a little thumbs up icon could cause so much anguish, who would have thought anyone noticed?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Who would have thought a little thumbs up icon could cause so much anguish, who would have thought anyone noticed?
Get over yourself. It's not anguish, I reserve that for important things like Ukraine, and certainly upsets no-one, but is just a little bit weird and quite amusing that it occurs so often with one person and is usually the only one for the post. You clearly have some reason for doing this, which you have vaguely alluded to in the past, but it appears to be either some sort of attempt to show support to someone who is not in this mythical "in-crowd" of your imagination, or just that you agree with almost everything he says, including the unpleasant bits, but don't have the nerve or nastiness to say them yourself in an attempt to maintain an air of fairness.

It's been raised before so you know it has been noticed and possibly you just do it to annoy, but in reality it is not important enough to annoy, and is just a chance for people to have a little laugh at the ongoing silliness of the gesture.

Your highlighted bit in the earlier post tends to show you mistakenly confuse a majority with an in-crowd. Most in-crowds I have ever heard of are a bit more selective than just fitting in with the majority.

BoldonLad

Get over yourself. It's not anguish, I reserve that for important things like Ukraine, and certainly upsets no-one, but is just a little bit weird and quite amusing that it occurs so often with one person and is usually the only one for the post. You clearly have some reason for doing this, which you have vaguely alluded to in the past, but it appears to be either some sort of attempt to show support to someone who is not in this mythical "in-crowd" of your imagination, or just that you agree with almost everything he says, including the unpleasant bits, but don't have the nerve or nastiness to say them yourself in an attempt to maintain an air of fairness.

It's been raised before so you know it has been noticed and possibly you just do it to annoy, but in reality it is not important enough to annoy, and is just a chance for people to have a little laugh at the ongoing silliness of the gesture.

Your highlighted bit in the earlier post tends to show you mistakenly confuse a majority with an in-crowd. Most in-crowds I have ever heard of are a bit more selective than just fitting in with the majority.

If I had thought YOU were anguished, I would have quoted your post.

I am pleased to hear I provide some meagre pleasure for at least for some people, makes life worth living.

Call it what you like, "in-crowd", "majority", "clique". It has been alluded to in the past that this place is an echo chamber (and not alluded to by me), and, before you ask, no, I am not going to trawl back through various posts to find a link. Maybe, I just like to like the rare dissenting voices on here, regardless of my personal view, just to to keep a tiny flame of variety alive?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
If I had thought YOU were anguished, I would have quoted your post.

I am pleased to hear I provide some meagre pleasure for at least for some people, makes life worth living.

Call it what you like, "in-crowd", "majority", "clique". It has been alluded to in the past that this place is an echo chamber (and not alluded to by me), and, before you ask, no, I am not going to trawl back through various posts to find a link. Maybe, I just like to like the rare dissenting voices on here, regardless of my personal view, just to to keep a tiny flame of variety alive?
You still do not seem to understand that having an opinion that ties with many others is not the same as an "in-crowd" or "clique", which implies people are agreeing because they want to be part of that group. People on here are mature and intelligent enough to have opinions of their own and decide whose posts they agree with.
It can become an echo-chamber, as I have said recently, if enough people with differing views do not join in, especially people who join in to forward the discussion, not just to get people's backs up, but that is not the fault of people who are prepared to put their views honestly and constructively.
You are not the only one who welcomes different or dissenting viewpoints, but most people like those posts they agree with, or they think are genuinely funny, not just because they come from a certain poster, or out of some rather strange motivation of encouraging difference.
Dishing out likes to posts you don't agree with is just a bit misleading and patronising to the posters, but at least we, and they, now know your likes are meaningless.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
What anguish, where..??

I was addressing RN and broadly agree with his post that's all.

But if you don't mean anything, at all, by using such icons, why bother ??

If it's a 'secret code' expect for them to be misinterpreted

I did agree with someone the other day about your winkie after joking about 'domestic violence increase' the other day..

But hey ho, I guess round your way DV is just comedic chasing each other about with rolling pins right??

A proper larf.. ;)

Mugshot

Über Member
There's plenty of disagreement here, the same as there was over the road. What some people can't seem to get their head around is that you can disagree without calling someone a prick, and not calling someone a prick doesn't automatically make it an echo chamber.

BoldonLad

There's plenty of disagreement here, the same as there was over the road. What some people can't seem to get their head around is that you can disagree without calling someone a prick, and not calling someone a prick doesn't automatically make it an echo chamber.

Very true. I think you would struggle to find personal insults, or, foul language (even disguised with false spelling), but, that is not a challenge, I may have erred. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BoldonLad

I did agree with someone the other day about your winkie after joking about 'domestic violence increase' the other day..

But hey ho, I guess round your way DV is just comedic chasing each other about with rolling pins right??

A proper larf.. ;)

It wasn't a joke. I believe I am right in thinking that, sadly, domestic violence levels increase at holiday times. I also believe that it is true such increases are not confined to Tyneside, but, occur Nationally, perhaps even internationally. That does not mean I participate in Domestic Violence or find acceptable.

Bit of stereotyping there, been reading your Andy Cap Annual again?

BoldonLad

You still do not seem to understand that having an opinion that ties with many others is not the same as an "in-crowd" or "clique", which implies people are agreeing because they want to be part of that group. People on here are mature and intelligent enough to have opinions of their own and decide whose posts they agree with.
It can become an echo-chamber, as I have said recently, if enough people with differing views do not join in, especially people who join in to forward the discussion, not just to get people's backs up, but that is not the fault of people who are prepared to put their views honestly and constructively.
You are not the only one who welcomes different or dissenting viewpoints, but most people like those posts they agree with, or they think are genuinely funny, not just because they come from a certain poster, or out of some rather strange motivation of encouraging difference.
Dishing out likes to posts you don't agree with is just a bit misleading and patronising to the posters, but at least we, and they, now know your likes are meaningless.

1. is that ALL people, or just SOME people, ie, those you agree with?

2. Who are you suggesting is not being honest?

3. Right, I am not the only one who welcomes difference, but, I shouldn't encourage difference? Encouraging difference is "a strange motivation"?

To quote the TV Ad, I am confused, at least, one of us is.

BoldonLad

I’m sure I saw a jocular winker.

I am sure you did, but, the interpretation of same is in the eye of the beholder. After all, I have been accused to sprinkling such "winkers" liberally, rather like some people seem unable to type without using the "f", "w", "p" keys, but, we are all grown ups here, with no moderators, and everyone is far to intelligent to be counting likes or "winkies".

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
This joke isn't funny any more.

Seriously, the last couple of days have made me fear that the forum is in danger of disappearing up its own arse, which would be a shame.

Top Bottom