NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wasn't sure whether to put these here or in the climate change thread...

Screenshot_2024-01-16-10-48-22-88_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Ian H

Guru
Nicked off Facebook.
IMG_0396.jpeg

ebikeerwidnes

When the original ban of Fox Hunting was being put forward I happened to get a bad dose of 'flu
and so I ended up spending a day off work lying on the sofa under a duvet

I happened to have Radio 4 on as I often did in the morning - and didn;t have the energy to get up to change it or put teh telly on

anyway - there were 2 debates on different programmes

One was about Fox Hunting and how it was an ancient tradition and people who come from different traditions shouldn;t intefer with people from different cultural backgrounds

The other was about a trial of the leaders f Pitcairn island who had been charged with sexual abuse, rape and other similar things based on a concept they had that any young person they fancied was brought to them and the parents had no choice.
This had been going on for many many years but the island is under basic UK law (the details are on the WWW)

It was weird hearing the 2 cases on the same day because both sets of people - i.e. the "leaders' from Pitcairn and the Fox Hunting groups - were arguing exactly the same basic case
a) this is our tradition and culture
b) people from outside this culture should not interfere with it as they cannot understand it

but in one case our morality clearly shows that the people were very wrong in their action - in the other.........

Tradition and culture are never a good excuse to keep a bad thing going

Some survivors of this treatment had left the island and were bringing charges

Top Bottom