Nationalise, regulate or laissez-faire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Not mine you moron, the one Andy sent you!

i dont find sexual advances and perveted comments through PM very funny.........and im pretty sure no one else would if it was sent to them either.

D

Deleted member 49

Nobody sends me any sexual advances by PM....hope I've not got my settings closed 🙄

jowwy

I'll send you some if you'd like? I mean the ones to our Welsh correspondent weren't serious, though apparently they've been taken as such,

And @shep, I like your craic. I disagree with your views, but that's cool, it would be boring if we all liked the same things.

its easy to say they werent serious......

Thats what groomers say when they send those sort of messages in chat rooms. ah we wasnt serious, it was just harmless fun, bit a banter innit....

But it looks like some members are happy for PMs to be used in that way, by the likes on your post......maybe they do the same.

Lets hope none of your children get sent any of these sorts of messages, because by the looks your all happy to let it happen.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The obvious problem with re-nationalising utilities, rail whatever, is that they will be headed up by someone. Whoever gets that job will be seen as a 'political appointment', and then subsequently constantly attacked by anyone from a different political persuasion, when governments change so will the Head of the Railway/Water/Gas etc. So as much as it seems a good idea, it won't change any of the political argument about how services are being run.

The obvious problem with jowwy is that he is a cunt.
Having said that, he has managed to do something that has never happened before. He has become a point around all of us who usually argue with each other about everything/anything can all reach agreement! So in many ways, he is a cause for celebration and could even be the start of a more conciliatory and kind forum where agreement is more easily found. He may deserve a thank you :cheers:

jowwy

The obvious problem with re-nationalising utilities, rail whatever, is that they will be headed up by someone. Whoever gets that job will be seen as a 'political appointment', and then subsequently constantly attacked by anyone from a different political persuasion, when governments change so will the Head of the Railway/Water/Gas etc. So as much as it seems a good idea, it won't change any of the political argument about how services are being run.

Having said that, he has managed to do something that has never happened before. He has become a point around all of us who usually argue with each other about everything/anything can all reach agreement! So in many ways, he is a cause for celebration and could even be the start of a more conciliatory and kind forum where agreement is more easily found. He may deserve a thank you :cheers:

dear me.....what have i done too you??? or are just agreeing with everyone, cause they cant farking stand you and you want to feel accepted over at least one thing??? another farking puppet

That could be an issue except ensure that the people chosen to run these companies are actually experts in their field, ie. transport/energy etc., and they are run at arms length. I think they will be political appointees but appointed due to their expertise, not how much money they donated. I agree with your concern though but I hope the recent issues will mean some common sense is involved in the appointment process.

Or, better still, politicians are kept away from the appointment process and it's done by people in that particular industry.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
That could be an issue except ensure that the people chosen to run these companies are actually experts in their field, ie. transport/energy etc., and they are run at arms length. I think they will be political appointees but appointed due to their expertise, not how much money they donated. I agree with your concern though but I hope the recent issues will mean some common sense is involved in the appointment process.

Or, better still, politicians are kept away from the appointment process and it's done by people in that particular industry.

Yes, experts in their field would be great, but, we all know it is going to be mates of whoever is in No10. Regardless of party.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Yes, experts in their field would be great, but, we all know it is going to be mates of whoever is in No10. Regardless of party.

Exactly my point.

We also know that the definition of an expert is someone, hopefully a Professor or with an 'ology', who agrees with your point of view on the subject and politically!

Top Bottom