Nationalise, regulate or laissez-faire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I think we’re in violent agreement again.

I have worked for an industry regulator - not connected with the utilities being discussed here - and have seen both the benefits and the dangers of the revolving door, particularly at the top of the organisation.

A problem in more areas than Regulators, which has not been successfully addressed by successive Governments of any party, in my lifetime, and, no doubt before or after.

Mugshot

Über Member

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Stop fekkking replying to the twat, idiot!

Look out….grandad has spoken and everyone jumps to attention. Some of you need to grow a farking backbone and stop the back seat moderation of the forum. You either want debate or just a one way conversation.

These farking pricks just want it all their own way and all of you are just allowing it to happen.

D

Deleted member 49

Bored, and you're striking for more pay?!
The world's gone mad!
Ive jacked it in Mugshot....I know,I know it was a good job with pension !
I'm not made to work for somebody,especially the Queen 🙄
Screenshot_20220817-215914.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PK99

Regular
Why would public ownership and direction of essential utilities impact consumer choice of appliances? It simply doesn't follow.

It does not follow, but it was the case pre-privatization.

Back in the day, pre-Big-Sheds, most folks bought their gas cooker at the Gas Board. British Gas has a Research station in Fulham that tested and approved Domestic Gas Appliances.

PK99

Regular
We are not selling the gas, Shell and the other extraction companies are selling what we already own back to us. I have no problem with paying the the cost of delivery plus a profit margin.

As for Scotland, it will be their wealth so their decision.

Come an independent Scotland, the normal international rules will apply to define the boundaries of Sea territories.

The 55 North rule used now for domestic UK definitions would no longer apply and the dividing line by the usual rules would be perpendicular to the general trend of the coastline at the border.

Whose wealth?

slowmotion

Come an independent Scotland, the normal international rules will apply to define the boundaries of Sea territories.

The 55 North rule used now for domestic UK definitions would no longer apply and the dividing line by the usual rules would be perpendicular to the general trend of the coastline at the border.

Whose wealth?

Scotland will own most of the oil fields and Little Britain will own most of the gas. Geographically Scotland will have the larger share of territory although I accept that doesn’t necessarily map to available resources.

To me, it looks like a reasonable basis for negotiation.

Top Bottom