Nationalise, regulate or laissez-faire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What are your thought?

First, nationalise essential services - public transport, health, education, energy, water, communications. Run these services to benefit users, not shareholders or CEOs.
It will then be easy to regulate state owned services.
Don't allow other industry to self-regulate (see the building industry, Grenfell Tower etc...)
Encourage worker ownership of other private businesses, at least certainly allow workers/union reps to sit on the boards of companies so workers have a stake in the companies they work for; good for productivity.
There is a better way than the rotten capitalist system we have in place now.
A mixed economy of state and properly regulated (protect workers, consumers and the environment) private/worker ownership seems fair to me.
Oh, and stop the development of the atrocious freeports in the UK.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
1. First, nationalise essential services - public transport, health, education, energy, water, communications. Run these services to benefit users, not shareholders or CEOs.
2. It will then be easy to regulate state owned services.
Don't allow other industry to self-regulate (see the building industry, Grenfell Tower etc...)
Encourage worker ownership of other private businesses, at least certainly allow workers/union reps to sit on the boards of companies so workers have a stake in the companies they work for; good for productivity.
There is a better way than the rotten capitalist system we have in place now.
A mixed economy of state and properly regulated (protect workers, consumers and the environment) private/worker ownership seems fair to me.
Oh, and stop the development of the atrocious freeports in the UK.

1. How do you expect them to get running the transport, energy, water and communications, when they cant run the NHS or Education thats already under their control???

2. Yet they cant easily regulate the NHS and Education

I think you give too much credit to the ability of this goverment to run anything properly. I mean, they cant even run Number 10 correctly

D

Deleted member 49

It does not follow, but it was the case pre-privatization.

Back in the day, pre-Big-Sheds, most folks bought their gas cooker at the Gas Board. British Gas has a Research station in Fulham that tested and approved Domestic Gas Appliances.
We're not 'back in the day' though.British Gas ? you do keep up with how it treats it's workers...Centrica,fire and rehire ?
Private companies running essential services should be for the good of the people not for the profits of the shareholders.

1. How do you expect them to get running the transport, energy, water and communications, when they cant run the NHS or Education thats already under their control???

I think you give too much credit to the ability of this goverment to run anything properly. I mean, they cant even run Number 10 correctly

1) Vote in a better and more competent Government.
2) Yes, they can.

Yes, I agree on giving this gov too much credit. See point one.

Salty seadog

1. They don't want to.

2. Yes they can.

It's about choices and this lot of tories and others before them are ideologically wedded to a system that must at all costs generate profits.
Those costs are lack of investment leading to poorer standards and outcomes for the end user who finance these industries to line the pockets of investors and political friends.

There are different ways to provide these services.

I maintain that the long established class system this country harbours bears the blame.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
1. They don't want to.

2. Yes they can.

It's about choices and this lot of tories and others before them are ideologically wedded to a system that must at all costs generate profits.
Those costs are lack of investment leading to poorer standards and outcomes for the end user who finance these industries to line the pockets of investors and political friends.

There are different ways to provide these services.

I maintain that the long established class system this country harbours bears the blame.

shoot we agree on something……and look no insults

Top Bottom