Newcastle Utd about to be taken over, but by whom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Taken from the BBC Sport website:

"There is irritation with the Premier League board from all 19 other clubs, who are united in a view they should have been kept updated on an issue of such significance. The clubs also feel they should have been told what had changed to allow the deal to proceed before it was completed.

When approving the takeover on Thursday, the Premier League said it has received legal assurances from the new owners that the Saudi state would not control Newcastle United and there would be punishments if it was proven otherwise.

The takeover was 80% financed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, whose chair is Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Western intelligence agencies say he ordered the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, an allegation Bin Salman denies."

Amanda Staveley, who has been fronting the deal between the Saudi princes and Newcastle Utd for the last two attempts over the last 4 years or so, will have a lot of questions to answer, especially regarding the legality of the PIF.

The other clubs can do one with their complaints. There are sketchy owners/folk involved with clubs all over the EPL.

Also, I appreciate that sounds flippant, I don't mean it to be.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Amanda Staveley, who has been fronting the deal between the Saudi princes and Newcastle Utd for the last two attempts over the last 4 years or so, will have a lot of questions to answer, especially regarding the legality of the PIF.

She won't worry about the questions as she pockets the money.

The fans have been so desperate in recent years they will not be bothered.

The new manager and players will say "above my pay grade".

PIF's bin Salman will just carry on as usual.

Other teams' chants will be interesting.

Top Bottom