No Shamima Begum Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

Ms. Begum can make an claim on a different nationality she could pursue legal actions to get a bangadeshi nationality but somehow she seems less keen on that.

The then foreign minister of Bangladesh Abdul Momen said that she would face the death penalty if she were to enter Bangladesh and they still do not even agree that she has citizenship so they would refuse any grounds she has of application anyway, despite what is said here.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Keep up. We've established she did wrong - whilst a UK citizen. You haven't answered whether you believe the current law is moral.

I have given my answer to the question I replied to.

I refer you back to my earlier post.

Have a nice day

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

You appear afraid to acknowledge that there might be any moral dimension to law making.

I am not afraid to admit that. I have chosen not to be taken down a different debate and have chosen not to explain my thoughts on that. My discussion is simply about the fact the Home Secretary acted legally and correctly in making his decision. Not only do I say that, but so did the High Court, and now unanimously so did the Court of Appeal.

I have given my answer to the initial question and that is my contribution

Please do not make thinks up about what my views are in relation to morality and the law.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Great. Perhaps you could step away now?

Could anyone interested in spen's views around morality and the law take it up with him via private messaging?

Sorry you can't handle someone who doesn't provide the answers you approve of.

Knowing you want to try and silence me will only serve to encourage me to post more

BTW Who made you the censor on here? Or are you just trying to be a bully and silence people you do not agree with?

Ian H

Guru
yarboo.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
spen666

spen666

You don't 'provide the answers' to anything. What's to agree or disagree with in your ticker-taping legal outcomes already widely reported?

I provide the answers that I choose to provide. If they are not the answers you want, then that is your problem not mine. It does not give you any right to demand I do not post.

You seem to have a very controlling and bullying attitude and appear to be trying to silence people you do not agree with. Not the most democratic approach some would say

fozy tornip

fozympotent
The quality of your posting gives everyone the right, the absolute right, the inalienable right in perpetuity, to beseech you not to post.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The question as posed at the top of the thread was (my bold)

Is everyone in agreement that she deserved to lose her British Citizenship as she is a threat to National Security, and the Home Secretary and the 2 tribunals ( so far) are correct - or does no one care about the story?​
so I think out of respect to the OP that's how we ought to be discussing the matter.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I am not afraid to admit that. I have chosen not to be taken down a different debate and have chosen not to explain my thoughts on that. My discussion is simply about the fact the Home Secretary acted legally and correctly in making his decision. Not only do I say that, but so did the High Court, and now unanimously so did the Court of Appeal.

I have given my answer to the initial question and that is my contribution

Please do not make thinks up about what my views are in relation to morality and the law.

Your position on the legal outcome is clear. What do you feel about the deprivation order being applied, instead of bringing her back to the UK to stand trial for the terrorism crimes she is accused of?

After all, you started this thread as a potential ‘hot topic of debate’.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Your position on the legal outcome is clear. What do you feel about the deprivation order being applied, instead of bringing her back to the UK to stand trial for the terrorism crimes she is accused of?

After all, you started this thread as a potential ‘hot topic of debate’.

I think spen666 gave us an idea of what he thinks about that in his opening post.

Thought this would have been a hot topic of debate on here.

Looking in and see no thread visible.
Is everyone in agreement that she deserved to lose her British Citizenship as she is a threat to National Security, and the Home Secretary and the 2 tribunals ( so far) are correct - or does no one care about the story?

Top Bottom