No Shamima Begum Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Imagine this was happening in our country instead of a refugee camp in Syria. If a stateless foreign terrorism suspect turns up in your country, what do you do with them? Try and deport them but where to? This whole business is a huge act of privilege on the part of His Majesty's government and relies on her being stranded in a refugee camp in a poor, war torn country. It wouldn't work if she was elsewhere. It's shameful, and even if you disregard Begum herself it's a shameful and hypocritical imposition on another state to expect them to take our criminals. I understand our current administration isn't too keen on foreign migrants.

And yet their decision has made the UK population less safe, not more safe.

Which is better - to allow a claimed former terrorist in to the country so that you know *exactly* where they are at all times and what they are doing, and to be able to assess whether they have, as they say, reformed or:-

To tell that person to bugger off and send them straight back to the terrorist cell that they joined in a foreign country where you have no presence and limited intel, and where you have now incentivised them to attack the country that has rejected them?
So by that logic, should Isreal house all those Hamas terrorist they captured in houses amongst Jews? If not why do you think it's any better to let people who have been trained to hate everything western live amongst the things and persons they hate? We already have enough of those lunatics i say anyone we can stop getting in is progress.

Alltough the longer issue is far more complicated, and is just as any criticism on Isreal is often quickly called ''antisemitism'' similarly any criticism on Islam is often called islamophobia, however if we want to tackle extremism we have to put limits on what is freedom of expression and that's is proven to be hard, whter it is an certain book that is teached in schools or an movie that portrayed something not to certain muslims groups liking in the past years we have seen schools throwing teachers under the bus to appease the angry muslim crowd, and movie(s) screening being cancelled for the same reason. Which means we moving futher backwards, towards less freedom, towards more religious rules.
and as long as we keep on doing that we don't need to be surprised more people get indoctrinated.

Last edited:
Imagine this was happening in our country instead of a refugee camp in Syria. If a stateless foreign terrorism suspect turns up in your country, what do you do with them? Try and deport them but where to? This whole business is a huge act of privilege on the part of His Majesty's government and relies on her being stranded in a refugee camp in a poor, war torn country. It wouldn't work if she was elsewhere. It's shameful, and even if you disregard Begum herself it's a shameful and hypocritical imposition on another state to expect them to take our criminals. I understand our current administration isn't too keen on foreign migrants.
in an ideal world all countries would take in their own population but it isn't an ideal world. And if you think you can play this down to just the UK you're very very wrong. But in this case it's also part of a more complicated story and that is that Ms. Begum can make an claim on a different nationality she could pursue legal actions to get a bangadeshi nationality but somehow she seems less keen on that.
Which is fair but also explains why every court so far has refused her appeal. she isn't stateless, she just doesn't want her second nationality

winjim

in an ideal world all countries would take in their own population but it isn't an ideal world. And if you think you can play this down to just the UK you're very very wrong. But in this case it's also part of a more complicated story and that is that Ms. Begum can make an claim on a different nationality she could pursue legal actions to get a bangadeshi nationality but somehow she seems less keen on that.
Which is fair but also explains why every court so far has refused her appeal. she isn't stateless, she just doesn't want her second nationality

If she has to pursue legal actions to get something then she doesn't already have it does she you wally.

If she has to pursue legal actions to get something then she doesn't already have it does she you wally.
No international law does not claim/say/or imply that she has something already it just state that someone is stateless if they don't have the right to claim a nationality. In this case she has.(and that doesn't have to mean she actually has a Bangladeshi passport now, she just needs to have grounds to obtain one which all to courts so far claim she does and therefore isn't stateless after losing her uk nationality

winjim

Just infinite sh*t takes.

Screenshot_20240224-223246_Chrome.jpg

Just infinite sh*t takes.

View attachment 5521
Which is exactly what i wrote only in words that suit your narrative better. Key is it says ''in simple terms'' in reality it aren't simple terms, we can post 300 pages with links screenshots etc. who explain those same rules just that little bit different. But the point that not I but several courts have decided she is in fact not left stateless.

Anyway my point was about the imposition our government is making on Syria, and its hypocrisy given that we all know what its attitude would be were the situation reversed.
Agreed we should have dealt with those Isis terrorist by means off an international tribunal now to many of them either get zero to no punishment or no punishment at all why i think with all those serious crimes committed they should all have been held to account.

winjim

Which is exactly what i wrote only in words that suit your narrative better. Key is it says ''in simple terms'' in reality it aren't simple terms, we can post 300 pages with links screenshots etc. who explain those same rules just that little bit different. But the point that not I but several courts have decided she is in fact not left stateless.

I don't fully understand the rules and I have zero confidence that you do.

I don't fully understand the rules and I have zero confidence that you do.
not the point at all i pointed out the courts did and they decided she is in fact not stateless, but hey would you give a fark right? you only like facts when they swing your way..

You're an idiot.
What for calling for terrorist to be held to account? And then you're surprised to be called terrorist defender in the other topics? Whats wrong with an international tribunal?

Top Bottom