Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why, oh why, did I click the spoiler??
It's more 'Soiler'....

icowden

Legendary Member
"Blue tick pacifist warmongers." Honestly. :rolleyes:
I know this is slightly off the point but did anyone else read the Sky article and wonder why they can't afford a proof reader?
5L Tubes of paint?

Not to mention this shoot show:

Mrs Platings, who is the chief executive of a charity, said he decided to paint his house blue and yellow to "show our support for our friends in Ukraine and for the Ukrainian people in this crisis".

Is the husband Mrs Platings on the weekend?

Everyone likes boobs.

Undoubtedly true, but there's more picturrs on the internet than anyone could ever consume in a lifetime. It's the thought process that allows someone to write such a hopeful yet pathetic message to a stranger that I found sufficiently remarkable to post in this thread.

mudsticks

Squire
Undoubtedly true, but there's more picturrs on the internet than anyone could ever consume in a lifetime. It's the thought process that allows someone to write such a hopeful yet pathetic message to a stranger that I found sufficiently remarkable to post in this thread.

Sure it's not new, but it's got a name now .

Parasocial relationships where you believe you have an actual connection with someone 'famous'.

I'm guessing t'internet, and maybe lockdown has exacerbated things.. 🤔

Sure it's not new, but it's got a name now .

Parasocial relationships where you believe you have an actual connection with someone 'famous'.

I'm guessing t'internet, and maybe lockdown has exacerbated things.. 🤔

You're probably right, we've all heard stories over the years about geen inked letters to celebrities, and people believing that newsreaders are deliberately using certain phrases to speak directly to them.

I guess the Internet has industrialised the process such that even one in a million odds have a chance of success.

Or is acquiescence not the point, and the buzz of sending the message and imagining the reaction the actual prize?

Top Bottom