Not extremists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Pale Rider

Veteran
Definitely not extremists. Life imprisonment for lawyers giving advice to asylum applicants.

View: https://twitter.com/drrosena/status/1699136423830413457?s=61&t=IaNHN0MzKohAo3Ktl0DsFQ

Calm down, dear, it's a bit like the old star rating for the football players in the Sunday papers - no one get a maximum.

A few years in the big house for bent lawyers is a good idea, provided it's not too few.

By the way, the bent lawyers are not 'defending human rights' as the twatterer says, they are criminals, but I guess you fell for it.

I don't know what sort of doctor she's supposed to be, but she is clearly untrustworthy.

icowden

Legendary Member
Calm down, dear, it's a bit like the old star rating for the football players in the Sunday papers - no one get a maximum.
A few years in the big house for bent lawyers is a good idea, provided it's not too few.
It's performative crap from Jenrick as per usual. There are already rules and laws in place to deal with bent lawyers.
By the way, the bent lawyers are not 'defending human rights' as the twatterer says, they are criminals, but I guess you fell for it.
D'you know what? If a lawyer coaches an asylum seeker so that they have a better chance of staying in the country and not returning to somewhere where they are going to be persecuted or executed, I think we can tolerate their criminality.

Perhaps a better idea than Jenrick's bang em up policy might be to negate the need for bent lawyers in the first place and just PROCESS THE ASYLUM CLAIMS PROPERLY.

We could even establish a legal method whereby people could apply for asylum and have a decision given before they have sold the family jewels to pay for transport for the oldest son in a dodgy dingy.

May be, may be not, but at least I don't tell misleading lies on social media for the likes of you to lap up.

Remind me what these lies were....

Pale Rider

Veteran
It's performative crap from Jenrick as per usual. There are already rules and laws in place to deal with bent lawyers.

D'you know what? If a lawyer coaches an asylum seeker so that they have a better chance of staying in the country and not returning to somewhere where they are going to be persecuted or executed, I think we can tolerate their criminality.

Perhaps a better idea than Jenrick's bang em up policy might be to negate the need for bent lawyers in the first place and just PROCESS THE ASYLUM CLAIMS PROPERLY.

We could even establish a legal method whereby people could apply for asylum and have a decision given before they have sold the family jewels to pay for transport for the oldest son in a dodgy dingy.

This is what the government is trying to do:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-build-cases-to-prosecute-rogue-immigration-lawyers

Seems a good plan to me.

Remind me what these lies were....

Hysterical crap about Jenrick wanting to jail lawyers who are fighting for human rights.

icowden

Legendary Member
Seems a good plan to me.
I take it you didn't read it then. I've amended a section of it to make it easier to read

Last week, the Solicitors Regulation Authority – a legal industry watchdog – suspended 3 legal firms who were caught offering to submit fake asylum claims for migrants.
Home Secretary Suella Braverman said:

We know that we have made immigration law so complex, and so difficult to navigate for asylum seekers that lawyers are now helping them. Well we want to sent those lawyers to Rwanda to. To that end, I have made up a statement that the British People want us to put an end to illegal immigration rather than actually soliciting an opinion and even if they did want that, it's impossible that they would want it to be fair and compassionate

Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Alex Chalk KC said:

The accuracy and honesty of legal advice underpins the integrity of our world-leading legal system, so those who undermine it by encouraging deception must be held to account as they already are by the existing rules and regulations of what was our world class legal system before my colleagues systematically defunded it and made it all but impossible for young Barristers and Solicitors to actually make enough money to pay the rent.

This government is committed to stopping the boats because we think that it is a soundbite that SOUND GOOD. That means failing to do anything sensible about it and pretend we are doing something.

Lawyers found to be coaching migrants on how to remain in the country by fraudulent means could be prosecuted under the Immigration Act 1971, Section 25, for ‘Assisting unlawful immigration to the UK’ and face a sentence of up to life imprisonment, because that's a perfectly sane response to the crime, and no-one minds paying for a lawyer to have accommodation and food for the rest of their lives for encouraging Ahmed to pretend to be a teacher.

Pale Rider

Veteran
The only person spouting hysterical crap is Jenrick himself.

You need to add Cowden to the list:

We know that we have made immigration law so complex, and so difficult to navigate for asylum seekers that lawyers are now helping them. Well we want to sent those lawyers to Rwanda to. To that end, I have made up a statement that the British People want us to put an end to illegal immigration rather than actually soliciting an opinion and even if they did want that, it's impossible that they would want it to be fair and compassionate

You need to add Cowden to the list:

I refer my honourable friend to the answer I gave previously....

Top Bottom