Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Well who'd have thunk it??

But will enough of those essential workers even want to come back, and work here.??

Having been told repeatedly how unwelcome they were.??

Immigration U turn imminant ??

But will it be enough.?

Or too little too late?

And if we're letting in lorry drivers, surely harvest, and factory workers will be next ??

FishFright

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all those benefits to surface , the suspense is killing me .

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's interesting how all you Europhiles are happy to see the UK snaffle all the drivers from Poland and the East, when Poland has a shortage of approximately 124,000, Germany similarly has a shortage of around 45-65,00 drivers. So the UK should be prioritised over their home country.

Maybe you are all just about yourselves and not the greater good of the EU after all?

the snail

If they add lorry drivers to the shortage occupation lists, or somehow roll back on freedom of movement, then they've as good as admitted that brexit has screwed the haulage sector. I'd be very surprised if they will ever admit to that though. But I think they are crapping themselves now - it's one thing not being able to buy your favourite flavour crisps, but if people can't put petrol in their car, or there's talk of christmas being cancelled.. oh dear. Even the likes of shep might notice something's up :ohmy:

FishFright

It's interesting how all you Europhiles are happy to see the UK snaffle all the drivers from Poland and the East, when Poland has a shortage of approximately 124,000, Germany similarly has a shortage of around 45-65,00 drivers. So the UK should be prioritised over their home country.

Maybe you are all just about yourselves and not the greater good of the EU after all?

We didn't 'snaffle' anyone , people move all over the E.U. for work and some of them used to come here until they were repeated told they weren't welcome by the Lies For Billionaires Club.

It's interesting how all you Europhiles are happy to see the UK snaffle all the drivers from Poland and the East
I don’t think there are any plans to round them up in the style of The Child Catcher.
4E82F739-2174-4F45-A28B-BA9D611AED60.png

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
We didn't 'snaffle' anyone , people move all over the E.U. for work and some of them used to come here
They came over here to work, and the side effect was to lower wages. Which now leaves us here.

But do you think they should return to the UK if it leaves their home country even further up the swanny?

Top Bottom