briantrumpet
Timewaster
IMO that can equally be applied to the UK. Now.
The assault on science and objective truth seems to be global, especially in those societies that had most benefited from then since the Enlightenment.
IMO that can equally be applied to the UK. Now.
If this is genuine, I'd suggest she might reconsider her approaches to journalism and motherhood of a 19-tear-old boy.
View attachment 17349
Not so sure. I once had a woman push a pram into the road in front of my bike, when riding at around 20mph.
Bloody hell! I can now understand why some people have the need for a second phone.
I went to Canada and the only communication was by posted letters and phone calls on significant dates.
A Liverpool dad faces a potential court battleover taking his children to and from school[for parking on a private estate despite signs telling him not to]. Steven Thompson drops his two children from their home in West Derby to Runnymede St Edward Catholic Primary School each morning.
The family make the mile and a half journey by car, like many parents, with Steven parking on the [clearly marked private] road to take his son and daughter across the carriageway into school. However, this has now landed the dad-of-two in a battle with a private parking control company after his car was spotted on an automated number plate recognition (ANPR) camera adopted by homeowners on a housing estate opposite the school.
I'd have more sympathy if he hadn't been approached by the house owners in the past and if the school hadn't emailed parents warning them not to park on private land.
He could park further away and walk them to the gates but that means inconveniencing himself rather than the householders.
I was brought up about 100 yards from my primary school. Parking wasn't a problem back then as few people had cars. By the time my dad was in his 70s it was a nightmare of parents parking across drives and turning the road into single vehicle access. When I was 9 or so I loved my bike so much I used to ride it 100 yards to school lol.
I don't know why he thinks a primary school car park should be big enough to accomodate parents and teachers cars either. You'd need a multi storey. I sympathise a tiny bit but there are obvious solutions he doesn't want to consider. Other parents must be in the same situation.
Unfortunately lots of people jobs require them to be car centric. It's the convenience of dropping kids off on your way to work rather than walking them there, walking home, then getting in the car for work etc. Nobody wants to get to work at 10am (if they're even allowed to) but he could simply park further away and add 10/20 minutes to his morning routine, or car pool, which is what I guess the other parents do who managed to not get fined.
I'm guessing that as you couldn't even be arsed to Google it you aren't the calibre of candidate Aldi would be looking fo
It's the car-centric mindset. Everything from the front door starts with the car, so extrapolate from that and the solutions are to be delivered at the other end by Someone Else.
If you start with the question "How could I do what I want to do but without a car?", then you start finding a lot of answers... not all of them easy or cheap, but few are insurmountable once you've realised/accepted that the private car is not the solution to all transport issues.
I could give a list of possible solutions to the parent in the article, but I suspect that every one would be rejected out of hand, as the precondition would be that he must be allowed to use his own car.
When my daughters were in primary school, we used to walk or cycle them there. They would walk, scoot or cycle most of the time. it's still usual here. We live 1.5 miles away from that school. Primary schools generally have a small catchment area so that most pupils can walk there. Some parents drive, but there is no-where to park near the school unless you get very lucky.I was only thinking about this a couple of days when I walked past the old local primary school site, which had absolutely no vehicular access in any direction for about 100m, and then in effect no parking or waiting for a good half mile. At school arrival/leaving time, it was a mass of walking parents and children as far as the eye could see.