Random political stuff - old news, or not news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pross

Guru
I pass a school on my run from the car to the office through Clifton on the days I can’t take the train. There’s a really odd mix from the entitled ones parking their car (of often stereotypical brand / type) on the school keep clear markings then opening the doors into my path without looking / caring to the classic Clifton hippy types taking three kids in a bike trailer (I’m never sure I’d have been comfortable with my kids being so exposed to motorists like that).
 

The Crofted Crest

Well-Known Member
As I've said before, here in Holand all the kids at my son's junior school went by bike. Apart from Oscar, the only fat kid in the class. He was dropped off and picked up by car.
 
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
This could go in the 'good news' thread, at least for the UK. I wonder what it is that's working better here than elsewhere...? Or is it just that they start with a better grounding in English, and that (say) Danish is hard?

egx62g6svmzsr2vgpvx7ti6y4mabkr2v7v3khdm2ws4iqlioey.jpg
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
Or is it just that they start with a better grounding in English, and that (say) Danish is hard?
I would think the UK stats will likely include a larger cohort of Eastern Europeans, who already had reasonable levels of English language, than you would find in say Denmark. Whereas the France/Germany stats will include larger numbers of non EU immigrants with initially lower English language skills. You'd need to break it down by original nationality to draw any further conclusions.

In which language are they reading?

Adopted nation's language I would assume.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
This is moving in the right direction, at the same time Meta are having to delete most of the comments on their own Facebook perv glasses adverts.

j6irfyhbrcm2ybx7gzimvxj5g4xclj2imlxu7v7mhema7hzv5e.jpg
 
  • Laugh
Reactions: C R

Psamathe

Squire
This could go in the 'good news' thread, at least for the UK. I wonder what it is that's working better here than elsewhere...? Or is it just that they start with a better grounding in English, and that (say) Danish is hard?

View attachment 17414
Also how equivalent is the measurement/scoring. Eg UK productivity (we hear so much about) has recently dramatically improved ... cos the ONS has changed their "measurement" methods; in real world nothing changed.
 
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Boris Johnson in the Daily Heil saying that small boat arrivals are the result of Labour ideology.

Yeah, right. He's still a lying shit.

iss-mar26-28.svg
 
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I wish they would include how many actual votes such mad swings are based on in local by-elections. That said, 2.6% for the Tories is funny. I suspect the Lib Dem vote is because everyone likes the candidate Doris and the cakes she sells at the post office on Tuesdays.

1790945149473.png
 
I wish they would include how many actual votes such mad swings are based on in local by-elections. That said, 2.6% for the Tories is funny. I suspect the Lib Dem vote is because everyone likes the candidate Doris and the cakes she sells at the post office on Tuesdays.

View attachment 17545

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that this is about as nationally significant, even if "nationally" means Scotland, as the election for chair of the The Batley Townswomen's Guild amateur dramatics subcommittee.
 
Top Bottom