Rishi - be a Robin Hood, Tax the richer and give to the poorer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

It means there's something up with the forum software.

Sealion?
And the wealthy question?

D

Deleted member 28

You just did. Only one, but sometimes it seems you think we're all one person anyway.
Only one what?

How many on here in the 40% tax bracket will agree they should be paying even more?

Why do you not understand what I ask?

D

Deleted member 28

40% tax payer. Do try to keep up.

I did and I answered.
It must be me then, are you in this bracket?

I am on occasion and seriously think I pay enough and certainly don't consider myself wealthy.

Be nice to hear what other 40% payers think about it?

D

Deleted member 49

It must be me then, are you in this bracket?

I am on occasion and seriously think I pay enough and certainly don't consider myself wealthy.

Be nice to hear what other 40% payers think about it?
You've said quite often that you've done allright,no mortgage ? Good job.... I consider myself to be doing ok,I'm no where near 40,000,even joint income,still have a mortgage but im a lot better off than most.
Biggest drop in living standards since records began in the 50s,more food banks than McDonald's....
I'd quite willingly pay more tax to help others,but I agree we should be taxing the feck out of the big company's and Uber wealthy.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am a pensioner and earn just below the 40% tax level, but am lucky because I don't have to pay NI.

It would not kill me to pay a bit more tax and I wouldn't object to that or to maintaining a level of NI for the retired, but I also think that more needs to be done to the tax bands because there is a huge range in the 40% band and enough scope for an extra band at say the 80k-90k level, plus an increase in the initial nil tax band.

It also should go without saying that companies and individuals, large or small, should be made to pay on what they earn in this country and the loopholes that that they can hide behind should be closed.

The whole tax system should be overhauled rather than just tinkering about with the rates.

D

Deleted member 49

Because it becomes problematic.
As soon as you start taxing the very rich more, they move their money somewhere where it doesn't get taxed.
Plus you have to define "rich". If I lived up north then on my salary I'd be very well off indeed.
I live in Surrey where I have enough to get by...
When you say enough to get by....id guess your doing ok by many peoples standards of living in this country.Thats no disrespect to you,but do we really want people not being able to eat or heat their homes ? We're a wealthy country and can afford more.

Top Bottom