Rishi - be a Robin Hood, Tax the richer and give to the poorer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
What in your opinion is FAIR taxation?
I don't need to 'calculate' anything I just pay what's required.
Why do you find it so difficult to give a direct answer?
Far be it for me to suggest that you are taking the argument to the pot, Mr Kettle but...

You seem to think that what you pay in tax but have no idea of the amount of tax you pay, and thus no evaluation of whether it is fair or not - just your feeling that it seems about right.

D

Deleted member 28

I'd quite willingly pay more tax to help others,but I agree we should be taxing the feck out of the big company's and Uber wealthy.
Donate to charity then if you feel that strongly about it.

I have tried hard to be as direct as I can in all my responses to you but the world is not always amenable to simple tabloid-level answers to complicated problems.

If you don’t understand my answers, how about you put some effort in? I’m not being deliberately opaque.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Nothing at all but families shouldn’t have to rely on charity to feed their children or put a roof over their heads.
Of course they shouldn’t, but, until we get a Government and Society, which shares that view, you could always help a family or two out.

D

Deleted member 28

Far be it for me to suggest that you are taking the argument to the pot, Mr Kettle but...

You seem to think that what you pay in tax but have no idea of the amount of tax you pay, and thus no evaluation of whether it is fair or not - just your feeling that it seems about right.

Of course I know how much I pay, I see it every month on my payslip!

Where did I say I didn't know how much I pay, I stated I don't need a CALCULATION to work out why I think I pay enough.

How do you calculate whether what you pay is 'fair' ?

Have you a tool that adds up what you earn, takes away what you spend, what you already pay and then gives you a 'gap analysis' figure that you can then send off to HMRC to add to the coffers.

Like the gap analysis term? I know you office boys love that sort of lingo.

Nothing whatsoever, just as you don’t know what I may do, or, not do.
You’re right, I don’t. Did I misunderstand your use of “you”?

D

Deleted member 28

I have tried hard to be as direct as I can in all my responses to you but the world is not always amenable to simple tabloid-level answers to complicated problems.

If you don’t understand my answers, how about you put some effort in? I’m not being deliberately opaque.
Well I'm afraid you have given absolutely no indication on how you would construct this fair and progressive tax system of yours so once again it's just another virtue signalling statement isn't it?

It's like me coming on here ranting and raving about something, stating the obvious but having zero idea about how to address it.

Or is it simply the fact that when calls for 'tax the wealthy' 'hammer the rich' it might just be you that gets charged for it.

You must be able to offer an explanation to some of the comments you've made.

What does 'taxes that have already been invested' mean?

What does 'ability' to pay mean?

Surely you can tell me what you mean by these 2 statements.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You’re right, I don’t. Did I misunderstand your use of “you”?

Don’t think so, I was merely saying, if you want to contribute more to society, pending a more benevolent government and/or society, you are free to do so. I didn’t say you were not doing so. Perhaps, I should have said “even more”?. But, I suspect you already knew that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom