Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Well, what a farking mahoosive surprise that Spamboy is a rape apologist.

Not at all, far too much piece meal dripping out each day in the press. Someone has to approach the police, police have to believe there is enough evidence to lay charges. Upto that point, typical press assassination.

Let's see what happens

CXRAndy

Veteran
Then come straight out with the 'They must have been coerced into telling / making up these stories' line - straight out of the same playbook

Why have publicise over several days.

Far more appropriate to pass the information onto the police, with the relevant person making an official complaint.

No it's far better to throw accusations around.

Let's see

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
hmm... do I deduce that Brand is not on your Christmas Card list? ;)

Annoyingly he's in a lot of children's films (odd for such an iconoclastic anti establishment figure) making it possibly rather difficult to avoid him at that time of year. And the joke of course, for grown ups at least, is that his characters play off his well known persona, which while previously merely irritating, is now somewhat more sinister.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Annoyingly he's in a lot of children's films (odd for such an iconoclastic anti establishment figure) making it possibly rather difficult to avoid him at that time of year. And the joke of course, for grown ups at least, is that his characters play off his well known persona, which while previously merely irritating, is now somewhat more sinister.

We all have different tastes, but, in my view, he is a talentless, self-serving, turd, but, never-the-less, at present, he has not been convicted of the accusations levelled against him.

If there is indeed evidence, it would be helpful if the police took appropriate action, rather than this click-bait expose, in my opinion.

Ian H

Guru

Far more appropriate to pass the information onto the police, with the relevant person making an official complaint.

Let's see

Investigative journalists don't publish their findings unless they're pretty certain of their facts. And, notably, Brand seems not to want to trouble the courts with any accusations of libel, preferring (for some reason) to try and shout his accusers down.

Let's see

1000026973.gif

winjim

We all have different tastes, but, in my view, he is a talentless, self-serving, turd, but, never-the-less, at present, he has not been convicted of the accusations levelled against him.

If there is indeed evidence, it would be helpful if the police took appropriate action, rather than this click-bait expose, in my opinion.

The state must consider him innocent until proven guilty, the individual is free to make up their own mind.

mudsticks

Squire

Let's see

There are all kinds of reasons why victims report how and when they do..
As it says in the article it's sometimes a case of having enough others to back you up before you'll have the confidence to do so, especially with a high profile 'personality' like this.

And yeah victims are necessarily going trust the police, and CJS 🙄
Have you been living under a rock.??

You were very speedy to throw accusations of accusers being 'co-erced'.

If you want to 'wait and see'

Then hold your peace, until the case is resolved.

Not berate others for speculation - and then do exactly that yourself.

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member

Let's see

Sure, but newsmedia's job isn't reporting rapist to the police, their job is to bring stories, that Brand like is a (former) addict and alleged sexual predator is news.

Investigative journalists don't publish their findings unless they're pretty certain of their facts. And, notably, Brand seems not to want to trouble the courts with any accusations of libel, preferring (for some reason) to try and shout his accusers down.
They are not that holy in this one either, the rumors about this guy are around for years, they decided now was the time to contact(some) of his alledged victims. But it was not a sudden discovery.

Now we know why Brand went so anti-establishment.

He had even more to hide than Trump.
He wasn't always so called anti-establishment and the time period he was able to do this was when he was employed for the BBC and other mainstream media. something worth mentioning.

The state must consider him innocent until proven guilty, the individual is free to make up their own mind.
Seems highly unlikely to me that he is not guilty, that's why he directly played the victim on his video platform instead of calling a lawyer for deformation of whatever charge would be appropriative

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
There are all kinds of reasons why victims report how and when they do..
They didn't report it they where contacted about it by the media (channel4, the times and a few others)
However some other reports suggest earlier calls to his then employers lead to an ''that is just Brand'' or similar so while i hope his victims will go to the police he can face the music for his crimes, the longer story if this is he was enabled in his behavoir for a long time. Why this moment has been chosen to ''come out'' with it is only guesswork, but the tldr should not be ''a other predator caught'' but more like are they finally changing things around so people like this don't have the operating space anymore.

winjim

Seems highly unlikely to me that he is not guilty, that's why he directly played the victim on his video platform instead of calling a lawyer for deformation of whatever charge would be appropriative

It seems that he's been using legal threats for some time but I guess those have been exhausted. C4 and the Times are likely to have just as good lawyers* as Brand. Leveraging the conspiracy cult he's developed is an obvious next move. There are those who suggest that he's deliberately formed this cult around him specifically as a guard against these particular allegations which he knew were coming but I'm not entirely sure about that. I think it's entirely possible that he is actually as big an idiot as he appears, really believes his own BS and has enough of a sense of entitlement that he genuinely doesn't think he's done anything wrong.

*proper lawyers, establishment lawyers, mainstream media lawyers

Top Bottom