Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Are you bollocks ;)

Bunking off from the lessons on the definition of the different types of school, and the playground arguments about who knows most about school practices.

School uniforms lessons were much more interesting.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Got me there. Attendance was always a strong point of mine in school…or I would have got thumped by my dad.

But I don’t pay much attention to those lessons, except to wonder wtf is going on.

Talking to my geriatric pals, at the pub, yesterday, one of them has three grandchildren who have refused to attend school for over a year now. Various strategies have been tried by parents, grandparents, school other authorities, etc, thus far, without the desired result (ie regular school attendance). The "Nuclear" option is no longer available ;)

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru

multitool

Pharaoh

You called?

Looks like a school instituting a morning reading session, with teacher reading aloud and students following, rationale being that for many kids it will be the only time they read a book, with literacy is a key focus of Ofsted. Also allows school to expose classes to wide range of literature they would otherwise never see. Naturally they will like some but not all. Overarching aim seems to be to encourage a love of reading. Obviously this is a terrible fascist thing.

I'm sure you'd find a better way to ensure students actually read their books rather than just dicking about pretending to read. If they have to track with a ruler it's easy to monitor, and if the kid has to slide their ruler down at an appropriate speed then they might as well just read.

Also makes it easier for teacher to aid students struggling to find their place

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom