Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Man, I am a sucker for pigeon chess. Do you realise that exactly the same argument is made by the mullahs to explain why women should not be allowed to decide if they want to cover up or not?

No it isnt.

Your "pigeon chess" game is you playing you.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

C R

Über Member
No it isnt.

Oh yes it is!

(I'm rehearsing for my audition for the village panto)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Don't think you are grasping this.

We are talking about a tutor time reading programme delivered by tutors, who are most likely to not be English teachers.

We aren't talking about English lessons

I'd rather not grasp whatever it is you think you have a handle on.

Look like more cod sociological sub-CSE level bullshit to me.

Out of interest, would my state grammar school qualify?

We had a strict uniform policy, including a ban on platform shoes which were fashionable at the time.

It was mandatory to wear the school cap when leaving the premises, and we had to walk across the large front yard, not run.

As regards the education, most teachers wore gowns, and it was very much 'talk and chalk'.

We also had corporal punishment, and a system of prefects who were able to discipline other pupils by giving them general orders or lines.

The result of all this is I rarely come across anyone who has a superior grasp of grammar and basic arithmetic to my own.

There are those who can all but match me, but I've never been embarrassed by my written English or my ability to do sums.

Unlike a lot of the younger and some of the older ones who, judging by their posts on social media and documents they've prepared for work, are semi-literate and barely numerate.

The arrogance contained in these three sentences is just off the scale. :rolleyes:

Only if Bradley Cooper or Trent Reznor happen to be in the neighbourhood.

Hands off!!! Trent's mine!! :boxing:

^_^

mudsticks

Squire
The arrogance contained in these three sentences is just off the scale. :rolleyes:

Ah but you forget Cookie
'Installation of an Unshakeable Sense of Superiority'
Was available at 'O'level back in the day.

It was (and still is) particularly popular subject in the private schools, but was often taken up by the 'Grammars' too 👍🏼

multitool

There's a productive, happy medium between riots in the classroom and kids walking along the corridors in compulsory silence 24/7.

There isn't compulsory silence 24/7.

There isn't compulsory silence in break and lunch time.

There isn't even compulsory silence in lessons.

What there is consists of insisting on silence when the teacher is presenting and when the class have been set tasks that do not involve discussion.

But apart from that you are bang on

Top Bottom