Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devo...r.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Concerned parents' Facebook group-check

Parents contacting local paper- check

Standard account of children suffering from their "anxiety"- check (however did we manage at school before 'anxiety' was a thing)

No parents commenting on why previously school had received two consecutive poor Ofsted judgements- check

Number of parents not complaining outweighs disgruntled parents by many hundred-check.

Now check back in 3 or 4 weeks and see if there are any more reports from this school.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

That is weirdly hypnotic. I don't think it's Trent though, which is a shame.

How is that Local Authority controlled? How is it even possible for most parents, let alone appropriate for most children?
So far as i known the local authorities have the responsibility to control education within the framework of the law, including home education.
I read it again, but my reaction nowhere states ''most parents or most children'' so i don't known what your on about with ''most parents''

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Meanwhile in entitled private school land…
So her son should have his education disrupted or his home removed? Not sure why that is funny.
If it helps, the woman in the photo runs her own communications company and her husband sells furniture.
Their turnover last year between them seems to have been about 90k.

In terms of earnings they are not in the rich league.

So her son should have his education disrupted or his home removed? Not sure why that is funny.
If it helps, the woman in the photo runs her own communications company and her husband sells furniture.

Maybe they should try buying own brand products in the supermarket or get better jobs.

bobzmyunkle

Home removed? Utter bollocks.
Education disrupted? Quite possibly. My kids managed to move schools due to the necessity of economic migration. They survived and possibly became better people due to the experience.
It's hard to feel any sympathy for anyone whinging about the removal of subsidised privilege.

Turnover? For 2 businesses?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

The Politics of envy is funny, to a certain section of the population

Then they took a gamble on whether they could afford private education for the full term, and they've lost.

I suppose it's like those who bought a huge house when mortgage rates were very low, and are now struggling with 6% interest rates. It's a gamble if you haven't factored in some financial wiggle room

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
It's hard to feel any sympathy for anyone whinging about the removal of subsidised privilege.
And yet the removal doesn't penalise the wealthy as Labour intends it to. The wealthy just sell a painting or a car, or a few shares.
It penalises those who have sacrificed to get their kids a decent education where mainstream school would have failed them. The kids with anxiety, with medical conditions, with autism etc.

Until they can actually put in place a decent education system, the people being penalised are the children.

bobzmyunkle

And yet the removal doesn't penalise the wealthy as Labour intends it to. The wealthy just sell a painting or a car, or a few shares.
It penalises those who have sacrificed to get their kids a decent education where mainstream school would have failed them. The kids with anxiety, with medical conditions, with autism etc.
Maybe starting from the premise that this is to penalise the rich is where you're thinking falls down.

Top Bottom